cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did Chat Suport turn into Email Support?

When did Chat Suport turn into Email Support?

Trying to get a website set up through the server using cpanel this morning and have had my IP address changed 4 different times. Every time the IP address changes the server logs me off because it appears to be an attack on the server. I hopped over to the Hughes support page clicked on CHAT, filled out the form and bling I get this: "Thank you for submitting your email support request. You will hear back from us within 24 hours."

Really Hughes? 24 hours for "CHAT" support?  I'm having problems NOW...

<rant> can't wait till the contract is up and this POS system is gone </rant>
13 REPLIES 13

Re: When did Chat Suport turn into Email Support?

Hi v9w7_sd75d71o8ov,

Welcome and thanks for posting, we want to help address your concerns. I just tested the chat function on supportcenter.myhughesnet.com and was able to get through to a chat representative. I clicked here, filled out the necessary info, and was able to get through:

Does clicking on the chat support consistently bring you to e-mail support?

Regarding your IP address concerns, HughesNet dynamically assigns your IP address, it will change often, and there are no static IP addresses available for your service. I did some research and found this, perhaps this can help you: https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/1426/48/accessing-cpanel-from-a-dynamic...

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Advanced Tutor

Liz,

It did the same thing to me about a week ago.

Reggie
Freshman

Liz, same thing happened to me twice.

Hi Reggie and Lisa,

Thanks for letting me know. I double-checked with Amanda on this because I thought I heard of this happening before. Looks like we've already escalated this to our devs. Hopefully this will be completely addressed soon.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Lisa, Reggie & v9w7_sd75d71o8ov

We cannot reproduce this on our end and have tried it many, many times. We really want to make sure if there is something that is triggering this, we know how to do it. What options are you selecting in the drop down boxes when you are switched from Chat to Email?

Thanks
Amanda
New Poster

Im surprised this hasnt been mentioned but when this happened to me it was suggested that I clear the cache and cookies and browsing history in my browser and fixed mine every since, you might give it a try
Advanced Tutor

Lisa & Charles'

I just checked to see if Chat would work. Working fine.

Thank You

Reggie
Freshman

I was specifically discussing email. I chose their most recent Windows option because the platform was irrelevant to my request.

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday trying to get to, of all places, HN Community. Got the same EMAIL advice which didn't work. It was like it would go into a loop saying connected and then nothing over and over until it timed out. When it finally really connected, it was to an empty page. Everything seems to be working fine today Connected to community on the first try.