When is the bonus period?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bb2
Freshman

When is the bonus period?

As stated in the subject line for this thread, when is the bonus period for data?

I just watch Game of Thrones, season 1 episode 1 and figured I needed to manage this a bit better so I downloaded:

Free Download Manager: http://freedownloadmanager.org/

I know it's says like 2 am to 8 am but I believe I also seen something like 12 pm to 8 am. The real question is is that my time or is that Hughes Net time. I'm in Eastern Time Zone. Where is Hughes Net time zone?

Thank you in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

2 to 8 am in the user's time zone (in your case, 2-8 am, EST).

@bb2 wrote:

As stated in the subject line for this thread, when is the bonus period for data?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade

2 to 8 am in the user's time zone (in your case, 2-8 am, EST).

@bb2 wrote:

Thank you again!!

So rather than out right saying it is 2am to 8am in all time zones which there is no post or message that I can find stating that, please publish it somewhere.  I have been a hughes net customer for 10 plus years.  Someone there needs to be a lot more helpful when it comes to our monthly data usage.  The Data management tips 'n tricks looks good and I will try some of the tips.  But have been watching our data disappear in the first 10 days of every new billing period for a long time and feel like asking a company that makes it's money on selling that time, a waste of my time.

Twogills

maratsade

How does Bonus Zone work?

All HughesNet Gen5 Service Plans are assigned a separate allocation of 50 GB for use during the period between 2 am and 8 am. During the Bonus Zone hours, your usage is first deducted from your Bonus Zone monthly allowance, if available, for full-speed service. If your Bonus allowance is empty, then your usage is deducted from your Service Plan allowance, if available, for full-speed service. In other words, your Bonus Zone Allowance provides a special pool which is used automatically during the Bonus Zone, giving you access to more usage at full speed. 

http://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen5.cfm

---------------------------

They'd just have to make a minor modification to the existing paragraph to add "in all time zones."

GabeU

@Twogills 

First, it is published, and in various places.  The very first result in a Google search of "HughesNet Bonus Zone" explains that the time is 2AM to 8AM.  The same for a search of "HughesNet Bonus Bytes".  The FAQ also lists the Bonus Zone hours.  It's also listed in the Fair Access Policy explanation.  Various other places, as well.  It's also listed in this thread, in the very first reply.  

Regarding your data being used in the first ten days, it's because something on your network is using it.  One or your devices using your data is not HughesNet's fault.  Whether you ask for help in figuring out what is using your data is up to you.  If you want the help, then ask.  If you think it's a waste of time, then don't.  This is the HughesNet Support Community, and helping customers with their issues or needs is what it's here for.  

If you would like that help, please ask for it by starting a new topic. 

maratsade

I think what Twogills is saying is, they need to add the info about it being 2-8 am in every time zone.  They do say 2-8 am in many places, but the ones I looked at did not say "in every time zone."  

GabeU

Maybe so, but I think maybe it would be better to say 2AM to 8AM local time, not "every time zone".  Still, the way I read it already tells me it's in my local time zone, as it doesn't give a time zone, just 2AM to 8AM.  Being more descriptive certainly wouldn't hurt, though.

maratsade

Yes, of course, that language would be useful.  We've had other people who need that clarification, it seems, so it couldn't hurt to add it. 

@GabeU wrote:

Maybe so, but I think maybe it would be better to say 2AM to 8AM local time, not "every time zone".  Still, the way I read it already tells me it's in my local time zone, as it doesn't give a time zone, just 2AM to 8AM.  Being more descriptive certainly wouldn't hurt, though.

Hi folks,

Good discussion, I also think it would be useful to specify that the hours listed are in your local time zone. I've sent over this suggestion to the appropriate departments. Thanks so much for your valuable feedback!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@bb2

If there's a series for which to use your data to stream, it's definitely GOT.  🙂  

I'm actually reading the books first. I'm halfway thru book two right now and I'm a slow reader. I figured that if I watched one episode a week I should be alright for a little bit til I catch up with where I am in the books then I'll have to wait to watch more. Luckily I found a place a can watch GOT without paying. Now I just gotta figure out how to make this download manager download the file during the nite.