Hughesnet Community

When will Bandwidth Usage Graph be available again?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ret2rom
Freshman

When will Bandwidth Usage Graph be available again?

I still am not able to access the bandwidth usage data.  I get a message that says "data for that time period is not available".  It does not matter what time period I select.  I turned on my computer this morning and for some reason only had 60% of my daily allowance left so it would be nice to see when that data was used as it must have been while we were sleeping. (and our computers were turned off)
16 REPLIES 16
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Are you referring to the Dashboard "history" graph ?:

Several others have had issues with that display lately.

Have you tried a hard rest of the modem ?

While not as detailed as the hourly above, you could get some info from the Download Status Meter usage history readout:

As a last resort you could try the display found here:

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frmUsage.cfm

Be advised that this page is no longer supported, shows gross (vs. net) usage and is listed from the perspective of eastern time:

donsjgm
Junior

For the first time, today I went to the new usage graph (had NO problems) and I must say that I love the new way the information is displayed.
I have seen complaints about the new usage graph but it's MUCH more convenient than looking at UL/DL on separate graphs as well as one can see the control data too.

While it is possible that in certain areas HN might be having problems with users reaching this info and since the Official Reps will not be available until Monday to answer for certain, I might suggest to users having issues viewing the graph to try using another browser. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Mine also works good but really needs a "time stamp" to help align a user to the period.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/error-in-new-history-display

donsjgm
Junior

On mine it appears like it's been fixed. 

ret2rom
Freshman

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to.  For some reason my status meter does not show usage history.  Perhaps it is outdated.  So I had been using the other one from my dashboard. As a last resort, I used the other option you listed so at least it was something.  Interesting that my router data usage only shows about 500 mb of data usage so far today.  That is about 1/2 my daily allotted data.  Whereas, my status meter says I only have 20% left.  Perhaps a timing issue? 
ret2rom
Freshman

BTW, I did a hard reset of the modem.  Left it off for over an hour earlier today and I still cannot access the graph.
donsjgm
Junior

Try using a different browser and see if you can access it.
Judging by your post, you're on the HN9000. Gwalk is the most knowledgeable here.
I am on Gen4 using an HT1100. The graphing might not work the same.
ret2rom
Freshman

I did try Firefox also and still no luck.  And yes, I am on HN9000.
donsjgm
Junior

Unless Gwalk can tell you more, Monday the Official Reps. will be back and can probably give you more information.
Sorry, I couldn't do more.

Don  🙂
pursleydl

Your website is antiquated, and confusing, because it is difficult to get the information I need in order to be able to check and control my internet data usage.  I find that several of the pathways connecting your web site to your other data are not responding, and haven't been working for most of the 45 days or so that I have been receiving your service.  I seem to think that you might be doing this on purpose to keep your customers in the dark concerning their bandwidth and download usage.  I think that if you are going to gouge your customers for every minute of service you provide you could at least give them a quality product. I am very annoyed, disappointed and dissatisfied with you customer service product, i.e.: the substandard processes of your website. and for this reason I will be seeking other alternatives.  There is no way you can continue to provide bad service and stay in business.  For example, look at CLEAR high speed internet service..... Where are they now? Out of business.  I was employed by them and I experienced this same issue from your side.  They moved their customer service to an overseas company and did not satisfy the general public's need for quality customer service and fair treatment when it comes to disputes.  That's all anyone really wants when they are spending their hard earned money for services.  Good Luck to you.   
donsjgm
Junior

Hi pursleydl,

I see this is your first post so welcome to the community.
Congratulations to finding your way to help without going through a foreign tech support.
The Official Reps. are here Mon. - Fri.  9:00am until 5:00pm.
Additionally, there are some very qualified people here to assist you too.

If you are having a problem with your service, let me suggest that you start your own thread and post you issues there.

As to watching your data allowance, you can always see it in your SCC. (System Control Center) The SCC is reached by using the URL 192.168.0.1

Looking forward to working with you,

Don  🙂
Chris11
Alum

Hi ret2rom,

I have escalated your case up to our engineers. We should be able to get this resolved for you. I'll update you once I hear back from them.

Thanks,
Chris
ret2rom
Freshman

Thank you Chris.  I tried again today and I am still unable to access the graph.
Chris11
Alum

Hi ret2rom,

Sorry for the long period without a reply. Unfortunately our Spaceway customers on the HN9000 modems are still having this issue. This has been happening since our most recent CMC update which our engineers are still looking into. You should still be able to track through the status meter but once I do hear any news from engineers I will let you know.

Thanks,
Chris
krissag123
Spectator

Chris, I also have the HN9000 modem and have been very annoyed that I can no longer access the data usage graph, especially when I get hard throttled for having done nothing out of the ordinary. Would be interested to know when this will be fixed.
Thanks
Kris
Chris11
Alum

Hi Kris,

This is still being worked on. I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully you are still able to track everything with the status meter. Or you can also download glasswire from www.glasswire.com

- Chris