cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Gen 5 get better? It's been nine months of **bleep** for those of us on beam 55

Highlighted
Tutor

Re: When will Gen 5 get better? It's been nine months of **bleep** for those of us on beam 55

That's the first time I heard this termed as an "event". This made me wonder if there was an undisclosed event like cosmic debris knocking the satellite cattywhompus to goof up everybody's performance.

Actually, my performance started hitting the wall in August but recently recovered.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: When will Gen 5 get better? It's been nine months of **bleep** for those of us on beam 55

@GW

Mine actually started sliding toward the end of October and then started recovering toward the end of January.  

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Tutor

Cool graph. I'll have to go see if I can make one of those.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@GWwrote:

Cool graph. I'll have to go see if I can make one of those.

Just make sure to set the days at the top to 365 (90 is the default), and then view as many of your Hughesnet results as you can so it shows as much in the graph as possible (1000 is the max), and make sure to select the identifier you use for Gen5 if you use one.  If you have multiple ISPs that you test with, make sure to to show it by provider, too, so that you only get the HughesNet results.  

I've used "5" as an identifier (location) to keep my Gen5 results separate from Gen4.  

Capture.JPG

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro