cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I see my TOTAL monthly usage history for the last six months?

Where can I see my TOTAL monthly usage history for the last six months?

I am pretty darn frustrated with low download speeds and high prices and am trying to figure out if I can downgrade my data plan to save some $$.

However, I cannot find any data anywhere on the dashboard about my monthly usage from month to month. You know, like a cell phone bill provides you the total data used each month? You can look back on each bill to see how much data you used in that billing cycle.

I can only find the usage for the current cycle, or for the last 2 months. But even that only gives me a daily total. In order to make any sense out of it I would have to write down every data point for every day and then add it up.

What am I missing? Why is this so hard? I even called customer service to see if they could provide the information and they cannot. I can't believe you aren't storing this information somewhere for our accounts. It feels like you don't *want* us to have this data.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Where can I see my TOTAL monthly usage history for the last six months?

Open the status meter, click on "Usage History", then "Last 60 days". print it out every two months or whatever period you want. I use a Mac, have 5/50gb plan. After 18 days I have used 1.4 and 3.9 Gb.
Anytime/Bonus. I stay off Facebook, and the Hughesnet home page. They suck up data! With Windoz you are screwed, period. Your AV and Win are always checking for updates. Buy a used Mac (intel), and use it for the net. An iMac can be had for $100, it is monitor with all periferals built in except the keyboard and mouse. Check one out. At Lockheed no Windows machine can have any input port, and not connected to the net, in the plant. As they can't be made secure. Remember, a virus is NOT detected until after someone has been infected. White lists are much better, but still can be fooled 20% of the time.

In Windows 10 you can set the WiFi for metered and it will not auto update.  On the other hand you do not need to buy a Mac just download a Linux version like Mint or Ubuntu and install it to run along side Windows.  What that does is allows you to choose which OS you want to use at the time.  Then you can safely surf the net with Linux while still having your Windows Partition for Windows specific programs.  I do recommend Mint Cinnamon for Windows users as the similarities make it easier to adapt.    

Hello hallandoman,

We definitely do not want you to feel like we are trying to keep information for you, but we just don't keep historical monthly logs of data usage per customer. It isn't a part of our system. The only thing I can recommend is starting this month just keep a personal log of your total data per month. I know it is not up to you to track this information, but it is not something we currently offer or support. The only other thing I can consider offering as a helpful tool is to look at the usage data listed in http://customercare.myhughesnet.com. There may be some hourly list discrepancies, but for the most part, its just about what you would see in the Status Meter or Support Center. These logs do go back pretty far, but if you're on Gen4, you'll be going day by day.
We apologize for an inconvenience and will keep your post as a reference to our management that this is something our customers are interested in having.

Thank you
Amanda

Thanks for the suggestion billmiller43 but the last two months is not good enough for my current needs. I've been a customer for 7 months and I want to see my usage over the total history of my account, not just the last two months. I also want the monthly (billing cycle) total not just the daily totals. I just find it hard to believe they don't capture this information since they manage our download speeds based on it. Again, my cell phone company tracks this stuff, you'd think HughesNet would, too. I can't believe I'm the only person who has ever asked for this. Cheers to the weekend!

As I said in my comment, looking at the data usage data you currently provide is not enough. It is only the past two months on a rolling basis, and it just provides me daily totals which I would then have to put in a spreadsheet to find my monthly billing cycle totals. Ridiculous.

I find it pretty surprising that you guys don't track this stuff since you're basing our download speeds on our usage on a month to month basis. If you can provide me with the real-time data usage, you can store and provide the monthly usage totals. It is a valuable piece of data for me as a customer and for you as a service provider. But it serves you well to not track it, because then people like me won't downgrade their plans when they find that they are not using their data allowance every month...

I've been nothing but disappointed with HughesNet since I signed up. I'm actually considering paying the ETF so I can go to another provider. Your internet service is slow and your customer service on the phone is horrible. Your billing system is practically worthless to me as a customer. I wouldn't recommend HN to anyone.
Honorary Alumnus

Keeping those stats on 1.4 mil residental customers is rediculous to use your own words.
Assistant Professor

I actually think it would not be that big of a deal, sorry. In today's world the files would be quite small. Maybe a year limit.

I don't see any use for how much data I used last March what counts is how much am I using now.
Assistant Professor

Personally I don't either but also don't think it would be that big of a deal to provide it. There are folks that are a bit anal about such things.

EDIT: Didn't the old unsupported usage page go back further than a couple months?