cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did Video Saver on/off snooze go?

Highlighted

Where did Video Saver on/off snooze go?

Either I am daft or it has disappeared or been moved. It is also missing from my iOS app.

I was moved back to ES17 tonight and even though speed improved, Netflix is buffering so much it is not funny.

Netflix even just went out 1/2 way between a show.  I was hoping to adjust Video Saver (like I did before) and that would normally make things better.

Went to turn on snooze but leave video quality to the lowest setting at Netflix, like it is normally, and for the life of me, I can’t find it.

Seems like Video Saver on/off snooze is missing now.
TJ

5 REPLIES 5
Junior

Re: Where did Video Saver on/off snooze go?

Hi macsociety,

I have been on ES17 since I upgraded to Gen 5 last year. What you are describing has been a “feature” for me ever since upgrading. To get it back I restart my computer, anywhere from 3 to 30 times and it will eventually appear.

To avoid this problem I never shut off my computer, however I live in the mountains of Northern California where we have regular power outages in the winter forcing me to go through the whole process after each outage.

@rustythecur wrote:

Hi macsociety,

I have been on ES17 since I upgraded to Gen 5 last year. What you are describing has been a “feature” for me ever since upgrading. To get it back I restart my computer, anywhere from 3 to 30 times and it will eventually appear.

To avoid this problem I never shut off my computer, however I live in the mountains of Northern California where we have regular power outages in the winter forcing me to go through the whole process after each outage.

Not sure I follow.  ;-)

When I signed back up with Hughes (was on Gen 4... left... came back and started as a new customer again on Gen 5), there was a toggle on/off or snooze feature in the HN iOS app or when I went to my settings at the Hughes website... I could turn on or off Video Data Saver... or hit snooze so it went full speed without the VDS for 4 hours.

I can no longer find that option any place.

@Liz or @Amanda, can you tell me where I can turn on or off or snooze VDS?

I can't find it since being pointed back to ES17 from ES19.

Thanks

TJ

Hi,

There are three places you can toggle the Video Data Saver, the Usage Meter, online in the Support Center, and the HughesNet mobile app. Instructions can be found here:

http://support.hughesnet.com/faq/internet/what-is-video-data-saver

If they are missing from all of these, please send us screenshots so we can escalate this.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@Liz wrote:

Hi,

There are three places you can toggle the Video Data Saver, the Usage Meter, online in the Support Center, and the HughesNet mobile app. Instructions can be found here:

http://support.hughesnet.com/faq/internet/what-is-video-data-saver

If they are missing from all of these, please send us screenshots so we can escalate this.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

OK, I found it in the iOS App and settings.

I had thought I was logged in as I just posted a message in the community page but "settings" was not showing up.  I relogged in and settings has now appeared.

Silly me.

Drives me bonkers you seem logged in and do some stuff and then within minutes you are logged off.

Thanks

TJ

Whew! Glad the VDS options showed up for you, thanks for letting us know what you did to make that happen!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->