cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where did the data go?

Where did the data go?

My data renew date is the 13th, the day Iwent on vacation, before I left I unpluged the data cable at the Hughes box, upon returning today I had only 21% of the total data lift. Where did the data go? Coud it have gone out of the end of the cable?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Where did the data go?

Power down the modem, and get off FB and the HN site. I only used 3.7GB last month with my 5/50GB plan. NO FB, NO HN site, use internet every day, for at least a couple of hours. Go to many sites daily, ebay, weather, etc. BUT I run a Mac with OSX 10.11. And LastPass pw manager. So I think you may have been hacked?

Hi leonrob,

Welcome to our community! I was able to locate your account using the e-mail address you used to sign up and reviewed some of the notes. So I just have a couple of questions - when you say no one was "really" home, was absolutely no one able to enter the house or just not there often? Also, do you have your DirecTV box hooked up to the internet? These boxes have been known to eat up data if they are recording scheduled programs/movies or applying updates to the box. Please let us know a bit more and we'll do our best to shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Amanda

I have only had Hughesnet for about 1 1/2 days, since February 20th . Just today I logged into my account and it shows that I have used all of the anytime MB and only have my bonus MB left. How can that happen when all I have connected to the internet is my phone?

I do not use the internet to make phone calls, I have only used it for emails and my son has used it for homework. My son has also been trying to connect his Xbox One to the internet and it is not letting him, something about the IP address is different.  
Associate Professor

Shouldn't be possible what so ever if you are a brand new customer (less days than the reset period allows) for you to be out of data...

I'm trying to see if I can somehow fix this without calling HughesNet , but it looks like I'm going to have to end up calling them. Hopefully they can fix it. Thanks for the help!