Hughesnet Community

Where has all my megabytes gone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alissa Sequoia

Where has all my megabytes gone

Is everybody afraid to use their computer like me there goes all your mb all your time its gone now the rest of the month you can't use it I get on it in two minutes later all my megabytes are gone I have their little charts I have all their little meters but poop is gone I watch one show I downloaded one video again on Facebook for 2 minutes and I have no more megabytes its ridiculous I pay a lot of money to be afraid to use my computer.
31 REPLIES 31
baresdin

Yes i tried watching the meter with different thing open or running and i found that just with my computer on with nothing open window 10 is useing data even though i have turned off updated and everything else its still uses my data window 10 seems the need to talk to Microsoft
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Liz

Hi Alissa,

Please give BirdDog's link a try and see if that helps any. Let us know how it goes.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

baresdin

Will try
baresdin

Ok will try
Janet Lewis

Have had the same issue for the last 3 months. Have had the same plan for 8 years and never had a problem. Now suddenly my data disappears after 2 weeks and I can't use internet for the rest of the month. Hughes needs to address this or I'm out. Not going to pay $71 a month for nothing. I will do without and go somewhere else to use internet!!!!!! I don't have windows 10. I have vista.
vawatkins2011

Don't feel too bad, it's been my issue for 5 yrs now.  My hubby won't change service or new provider because it's cheap and slowness doesn't affect him.  Stuck forever.  You can still use Hughes at dial up speeds when you run out of Data, oh, wait...that's the average speed when you do have data.  It really only has acceptable service from 2am to 6am.
mspiglet_53

I am on a plan where I get 65 G per month, I still end up using up data even though I am not using the internet....if I unplug the unit then there is no data being used. It is very strange to me how Kilobytes are still being used when no one is using the internet. I watch my data very closely and very careful. Now I have to change my password on my router because someone is using my internet. That's another story.
baresdin

Ok turn off windown 10 apps using birddog going to give it a few day and see if it make a difference i will let you know
John Kingston

this is bull, i use to get 15 mb a month and every thing i watched was in hd, so don't tell me it's hd, my download didn't slow down for at least two weeks of use! I thought it would be different with Hugesnet, well i guess it is it's 10 times worse, i am going to tell everyone i know not to use it!!! i'm tired of this type of grap i called dish they said no contract free wifi all the bells and whistles, but then they said they can't set it up where i live? so they got me Hughesnet, well 2 yr. contract, if i wanted wifi $100'00 extra, now my gb's are disappearing like a copperfeild show!
Liz

Hi Alissa,

It's been over two months since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!