cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has my data allowance gone?

Re: Where has my data allowance gone?

I am one of the older persons you refer to, limited knowledge of computers , I only read , check email, facebook and ebay,  play no games, don't do business etc. Data used up. doing what ? tried to download status meter, so far I cannot get to it, have the icon. Sooo, I feel HN is taking advantage of us, you are so right, they promise a lot and and when there is a problem its always our fault. Thank you, you said it all !!!

Euni, you might try throwing out the status meter, emptying the trash and then re-downloading it, see if that will help the problem not getting into the icon. Does it appear on the top of your computer screen in the menu bar? (I have a Mac, that's where mine shows up). Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the status meter to load because it's connected to the faulty internet. Sometimes it doesn't load at all and I have to re-start my computer to get into it. 

Good luck! 

agirlinagarden, I wish you could see me standing up and cheering you on, loudly!!  

P.S.:  I used to respect the Better Business Bureau, but the BBB has given Hughesnet an A+ rating - absolutely UNBELIEVABLE.  See for yourself, at http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/television-cable-catv-and-satellite/hug...

Oh my gosh, this is crazy! Obviously, more people need to file complaints against them. Only 2,000 since 2007? (notice how 1500 of those are service complaints?!?!) There must be a way to get more attention about this. Though considering most hughesnet customers can barely load things half of the time, it might be hard for us to get the word out social media wise! Ugh! 

I live in Minnesota, and will be filing a consumer complaint with our Attorney General, asking for assistance.  I recommend others having a lot of problems and getting nowhere on having them resolved, to do the same in your own state.

I have had dial-up, DSL, Cable, and now Satellite (two companies so far).  Hands down, Satellite is the worst service I've ever had.  I live in a rural area and satellite is our ONLY choice.  

I'm in California and I will be doing the same thing, Trish. Thanks for the tip!

I'm at the point where I honestly think it might be better to just spend the money I spend on Hughesnet on extra data on my cell phone plan and use my cell phone hot spot exclusively as my internet. It's what I have to rely on half of the time I'm attempting to use hughesnet anyway, since it's way more reliable and faster and I don't constantly have to re-start the internet due to lost connectivity. 

Well that's just lovely ladies...how about filling in the rest of the world on what "we need to be doing" Bitter? You bet....I've had this garbage so called system for about 3 weeks and have never been more dissatisfied with a service. So tell me...was it the 2 movies from Netflix? How about watching an on demand show? Oh yea, I didn't get up at 2 am to watch TV, was that the problem?

That's right Jay and we can't get the meter to load....I'm just saying and no we are not blithering idiots.

I'd do the same thing (use my cell phone data plan) but we're a 'Bermuda Triangle' of little to no cell phone connectivity where we live in the far northwest of Minnesota, so that option isn't available.

Three cheers you articulated the dilemma beautifully agirlinagarden! BTW BBB only gives ratings based on customer payments NOT complaints so don't bother what IS needed is a FaceBook, Twitter, Google campaign to tell the public what's going on OUTSIDE of this neat closed HN forum. I've already started and encourage you to follow. I also encourage contacts with your states attorney general offices for theft of service. I truly believe we have is a class action suit. Yes HN please read this....check out my social messages as well....