cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is HughesNet customer service located?

Where is HughesNet customer service located?

I am a new HughesNet customer.  Frankly, the satellite internet service/connection has performed better than I was expecting.  That's not the issue.  The installer set me up with 5 devices or licenses for the router.  They just didn't explain that to me.  So, after racking my brain trying to figure out why I have full wireless signal but cannot connect to server, I called HughesNet customer service.

I could not understand a word this man was saying.  Likewise, he couldn't understand me.  He walked me through troubleshooting exercises that had absolutely nothing to do with my problem.  I could tell he was frustrated by his lack of ability to communicate.  Finally, after 30 minutes on the phone with him I suddenly "lost" the call.  Right.  He dumped me and topped it off by never calling back.

So, a day of researching and troubleshooting the issue myself led to a fix.  No thanks to HughesNet customer service.  The installation tech told me that I would like the service so long as I got the customer service center in Texas.  He told me all the complaints he hears about are the oversea outsourced contact centers.  He was not wrong.

HughesNet will lose customers over their choice to go with cheap overseas customer service labor vs. investing in customer service centers that can communicate with the bulk of their customers.  I dread the day I have to call them back.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where is HughesNet customer service located?

Good morning Nicholas,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear our phone agent wasn't able to address your concerns, we'll pull up your account investigate this further so we can improve our support.

To answer your main question, our call centers are in the Philippines, Mexico, Arizona, and Texas.

I'm glad you are satisfied with the HughesNet service and that you were able to find a resolution to your concern. I wish we could have helped, but now you've found our community! We are another great resource for any of your HughesNet-related concerns. Feel free to post back if you need help; we have seasoned HughesNet subscribers and official reps who can assist.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks for your response, Liz.  As mentioned, I am happy with the rural service being provided but am way too busy to not have reliable customer service that handles tech issues quickly and competently.  Is there any way that US residents can be directed to your Arizona or Texas call centers?  That might be the easiest solution.  I don't blame the guy for not speaking English just as I hope he doesn't blame me for speaking only English.  Again, thanks for the response.

You're welcome, Nicholas.

While all of our agents have been comprehensively trained to support all HughesNet products and services, we recognize the need to be understood.  We’d suggest that you request a supervisor if this happens again.  The agent will understand and is instructed to comply.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->