cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "extra data" shown on the various system meter's?

Where is "extra data" shown on the various system meter's?

I have gone a used up all my monthly alloted data and have had to use "those Token's" for additional data usage. The system is showing me all out of fuel sort-of-speak for daily usage. Where is the additional data usage shown? I've paid for an additional 2 gig's of data plus thrown in one free token (500 mg's) of data. However... I'm not seeing that data on any of the status meters. What's up??? Thank you
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Where is "extra data" shown on the various system meter's?

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting. Using a token does not change your Anytime Bytes gauge, but that does not mean the token didn't work. You will see the token data reflected next to "Token Bytes Available" and the green light next to it will indicate that you are currently using those bytes, as shown below:

If you have any other questions, feel free to post back.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

You have to search for the data information as the "new" and not improved status meter does not reflect added data. It's a shame they could not have added that nice feature when they messed with the previous meter. Why fix what ain't broke? I see no "improvement" in the "new" meter. I know it's just me, but that's my point and I'm stickin' to it. LOL.

I'm having a similar problem to Brian. When I open the Status Meter, all that is displayed is the Anytime Data (says 0% available). There is NOT any additional info like is shown in Liz's screen shot above.
Assistant Professor

Bruce and Brian, temporarily you can go here and see the same information the Status Meter is supposed to be showing you: http://192.168.0.1/
You should see an amount in Token Bytes Available if you have used one or more.

Ummm... what little green light? Actually I'm having trouble with the new status meter download. I've down-loaded it (A # of times) and its not showing the meter. I currently have to go on-line to my account to see that data meter. And when I do go on-line there is no little green light. My wife has it on her  HP touch screen (WIN 8) but there's no little green light on that display either. It 's not the upgraded version... I have yet to down-load that onto her system. I have Windows 7. And then she has an "additional" lap top and that doesn't have that data meter down-loaded either. Actually she could care less. But watch out if she can't get on-line to do business!!! And that another story....

Hello,

You can view your Anytime, Bonus, and Token Bytes amounts in three places: Status Meter, the Support Center, and the System Control Center.

Status Meter (that you download and install)

Support Center

System Control Center

In all cases, once your Anytime or Bonus Bytes gauges are empty, they will remain so until the monthly reset. Using a token will allow you to continue browsing at normal speed.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

So basically the new Status Meter is useless!? As I stated earlier, all that shows up on my computer (Mac OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite) when I open Status Meter is Anytime Data.
Yes, I know I can go to the website to get the additional info, but that is a pain. I used to be able to simply look at the graphical icon in my dock to know the status of my download allowance, including if I had purchased any restore tokens.
So much for improvements!
Associate Professor

i like the part of your comment on your MOM !!    but the light should only light up if you have token bytes available