cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "extra data" shown on the various system meter's?

New Poster

Re: Where is "extra data" shown on the various system meter's?

Ya.... you're right... (Told ya... it's "that" thinking about it part)

Good morning Brian,

We offered you phone support to help you get the Status Meter installed on your computer here: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/hi-im-having-trouble-with-the-hughesnet-status-me...

That offer still stands, please let us know if we can call you on the number ending in 64 and when would be the best time to contact.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Bruce,

As Sally mentioned above, using a token will not restore your Anytime Bytes gauge, but you will no longer be in FAP and will be able to continue browsing normally.

Thanks for the screenshots, I've sent them along to our devs and they confirmed that this is the normal Status Meter display for legacy customers. Since you're on the Basic plan, technically you don't have a Bonus Bytes allowance, which is why your Status Meter only has an Anytime Bytes gauge. I have also inquired about any plans to include a Token Bytes Available status on the Status Meter. I'll post back if I get any updates to share.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Bruce,

As Sally mentioned above, using a token will not restore your Anytime Bytes gauge, but you will no longer be in FAP and will be able to continue browsing normally.

Thanks for the screenshots, I've sent them along to our devs and they confirmed that this is the normal Status Meter display for legacy customers. Since you're on the Basic plan, technically you don't have a Bonus Bytes allowance, which is why your Status Meter only has an Anytime Bytes gauge. I have also inquired about any plans to include a Token Bytes Available status on the Status Meter. I'll post back if I get any updates to share.

Thanks,
Liz

Ok, gang. I woke up today to a scary problem and even after contacting tech support I am still at a loss for an explanation that makes sense. If this is the wrong thead, I apologize. I only came here because there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people here as well as Hughesnet reps. Here goes.
There are only 2 people (and 3 dogs) in my household. I shut down my computer at night (no sleep mode), so does my son. I shut mine a few minutes prior to 8PM last night, and my son shut his down around 10PM. Neither of us EVER watch streaming video or movies or any other bandwidth hogging activities. No online games/music/vids etc. Yesterday our status meter registered 93% remaining, having refilled midnight on the 8th. This morning around 10 AM, I turned on my pc and the meter registered 53% !!!!!!!! Yeah, I was instantly WIDE AWAKE and searching for answeres. After I went to bed last night, my son uploaded 2 photos of a model car he is building and shut down his laptop.  So, the questions started. We checked our NetworkMagic data and no intruders had been logged into our network, yet there was the HUGE data loss.  I phoned tech support and the man had me unplug the modem in order to check it for any malfunction. None. His only explanation to me is that "someone is not telling the truth" (in my household), so I accused the dogs of lying to me and sitting up watching movies, (the data used after we shut down the computers was 1,700MB after 10PM.  I was assigned a case number in case I need to call back, but other than add 8GB to my allowance, there was no other help provided.
Can anyone here provide a clue as to what my problem may be? As I said, both computers were shut down fully, even power to the laptop is always shut off at night. No auto updates or downloads scheduled, password protected router which maps any intruders (none showing for last night), no close neighbors, dogs unable to figure out how to turn on the computers. 
Please, any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated and undertaken. 
Thank you!