cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my data going? Data package was not only misrepresented but disappears faster than I can type!

Highlighted

Where's my data going? Data package was not only misrepresented but disappears faster than I can type!

I thought my old internet provider was bad, but Hughes Net takes the cake.  With just 3-4 ISP's in the area I live, my neighbors and I are price gouged and data just seems to disappear with no accountability.  If you can't tell me where it's going, and thru which device you shouldn't be running an internet company.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Where's my data going? Data package was not only misrepresented but disappears faster than I can type!

Good morning Judy,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. We're sorry you feel that the data package was misrepresented and would like to know why you feel that way? Maybe we can investigate if it isn't too late.

In regards to traffic, devices used and what is visited on each device: this is not something offered by HughesNet, but many devices do offer this individually. The HughesNet service is to deliver internet services to your home, however monitoring the home network is up to the user.

Just by taking a peek at the system, looks like there is some Xbox Live activity (mostly music streaming), video download requests and peer to peer file sharing. You can check the browsing history for your devices, some things like Windows 10 offer a data usage meter in the task manager (show usage per app) and Android/iPhones have this too. Please keep in mind that if there are other people in the home, some of the browsing history I listed above can be hidden by "private browsing" meaning that they can use the internet without the tracking staying on the device - or they can simply erase their history.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Amanda