cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Games Work Best Over Satellite Internet?

Assistant Professor

Re: Which Games Work Best Over Satellite Internet?

Opinion piece.....advertisement maybe?
Honorary Alumnus

Wouldn't we have to include the system type ? There is after all some considerable performance differences between Spaceway and Jupiter systems.

Assistant Professor

Plus it still gets back to how an individual's connection is performing at any given point in time. We all know satellite connections can vary greatly even over an hour's time when it comes to speed and latency. Gateway loading and even internet loading play a bigger part on satellite than on already speedy cable where a small slowdown goes unnoticed. Upload speed and latency also plays into it greatly when talking games.

Another HUGE factor to consider is if you are playing on pc or console. The netcoding for consoles and pc is different. Meaning the results of the same game being played on pc and console could be different. in my experience, gaming on pc with satellite has been a heck of a lot better than on PlayStation or xbox
Associate Professor

Online Console gaming came to the online community a bit late...  Stands to reason, that PC games would be more adaptable, especially older ones, when it comes to latency/jitter.
Distinguished Professor IV

I have steam installed, though the only games I have installed are Half-Life 2 and it's two further episodes.  Those, though, only require the internet to update them and start them, not to play them. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit