cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Do I Have to Keep Resetting My Router, and How Can I Fix It?

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Why Do I Have to Keep Resetting My Router, and How Can I Fix It?

Ever wonder why the techs at HughesNet, and the Forum Members here, keep telling you to first bypass or reboot your wireless router?

This should be required reading for every new HughesNet customer: 

http://lifehacker.com/5910788/why-do-i-have-to-keep-resetting-my-router-and-how-can-i-fix-it

Want to know more?

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+do+routers+lock+up
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Why Do I Have to Keep Resetting My Router, and How Can I Fix It?

AWESOME. Thanks, Alan!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Alan for a well written plain English article.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Yep, that's a keeper, nice find Alan.
Highlighted
Junior

Great job Alan and yes, you are correct, it should be required reading.
If users would only read!  LOL

Don  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Nice find, Alan!  Written for the layman while so many computer related articles aren't.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

This has been brought up before. It would be great if there was a "sticky" section in these forums for this kind of info. Then, we could point Newbies to the relevent topic instead of having to retype the same posts over and over. I'm thinking especially of some of GWalk's and BirdDog's nice write ups.

Although I've never managed a GetResponse board like this one, I think I know how Liz, Amanda and company can do it. They may be able to add a new "FAQ" or "TIPS" section so that the Title appears in the Conversations bar (ARTICLES QUESTIONS IDEAS PROBLEMS PRAISE ANNOUNCEMENTS).

The Mods could move these kinds of topics there, and even make them "read only" if they wanted. 
Highlighted

Hey Alan
We really wish this was something we could do, but unfortunately the Conversations bar you see is what we're offered. We're actually showing every available option that GetSat provides us (the whole community is premade - check out other communities under the same company (you know, Brand X).. we're all limited to what is offered sadly.

Amanda
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Oh, OK, how about putting it in the Categories Section? Less visible to Newbies, but it will still help the Regulars to quickly retrieve these topics for posting the links in replies?
Highlighted

We had originally made the Off-Topic category just for a select couple of people (remember Christopher and Purgatory?) but tried to expand the many article spam from a previous user into the "Articles" category instead. This is a pretty big effort to develop something that is Hughes approved (not community team approved) and us Mods have to jump through many hoops to get those things going. 

Currently, we are trying really hard to find a solution to the lack of FAQ and self-help type content until we start taking bigger steps.

What I think we can do is put more categories under "Off-Topic" so if you click on Categories > Off-Topic Discussion    there would be more breakdown under it. We'll have a team meeting tomorrow to discuss some probable options and bring them up with you guys to see what you think.