cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I not getting a response here? Slow upload.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Why am I not getting a response here? Slow upload.

@Alexone 

First, though I know you're frustrated, there is absolutely no call for insulting people who are simply trying to help you.  This is a Customer to Customer support site, meaning that HughesNet representatives (moderators) only get involved when they need to.     

Secondly, there are some small troubleshooting steps that cannot be performed remotely by a HughesNet representative.  Speed tests at your location is one of them.  Those speed tests not only demonstrate the issue, but they can help to inform as to what may be going on.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
GabeU

@Alexone wrote:

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Alexia

Please be sure to follow maratsade's instructions for the speed tests, including the speed test sizes.  25MB for download tests and 4MB for upload tests.  Please do not use the automatic testing, as those tests will be of no value.

Edit:  I should that, since your upload speed is the main focus, I would concentrate on running upload tests.  You can still run a download test or two, but the upload tests should be the primary tests you run.  It will also help to save you some data.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Alexone
Sophomore

no call for insulting people who are simply trying to help you.

You are going to have to explain this one to me. I called myself slow. I am not techy. I have no idea what these tests with all the restrictions that I am supposed to follow do. All I know is that I am not getting really slow upload speeds no matter the test site I am using and the "powers" at be are blaming it on my speed that I cannot work from home. I am just trying to do the best I can. Are my uploads where they are suppsed to be or not? Seems like a simple question. But I am often confused. Please let me know.

Alexone
Sophomore

any new on this slow upload speed, how many more test do you people want.

GabeU

@Alexone wrote:

no call for insulting people who are simply trying to help you.

You are going to have to explain this one to me. I called myself slow. I am not techy. I have no idea what these tests with all the restrictions that I am supposed to follow do. All I know is that I am not getting really slow upload speeds no matter the test site I am using and the "powers" at be are blaming it on my speed that I cannot work from home. I am just trying to do the best I can. Are my uploads where they are suppsed to be or not? Seems like a simple question. But I am often confused. Please let me know.

It appeared otherwise, which prompted my reply.  Thank you for the clarification.  

To answer your question, the main reason you're asked to run the tests in the way you're asked to is to not only establish the issue, but the uniformity of the tests (specific sizes) helps to inform as to the severity of the problem.  The reps need to see your actual results to help, and testmy, as well as the way the tests are run on the site, gives them the most accurate information.  The patterns in the results can also help to inform them as to what may be causing the issue.

One thing to keep in mind is that, even if overall speeds are good, system congestion can cause problems with certain activities.  Some servers don't react well to congestion, as well as the higher latency inherent to satellite internet.  But, your upload speeds definitely look low, which can cause problems as well.

maratsade

They're going to need the right file sizes: 25MB for download tests, and 4MB for upload tests. You still don't have that. 

Alexone wrote:

any new on this slow upload speed, how many more test do you people want.

GabeU

@Alexone 

Though my pointer doesn't show up in the screenshot for some reason, test like so...

Screenshot (27).jpg

Alexone
Sophomore

I am sorry I am selecting those parameters. I don't understand why I have to do all these steps to get a reliable connection.

GabeU

@Alexone wrote:

I am sorry I am selecting those parameters. I don't understand why I have to do all these steps to get a reliable connection.

Perhaps it's changing due to the speed being too low.  

Why the tests are required has been explained.  

GabeU

@Alexone 

The reps are off for the evening, but they'll be back tomorrow.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They should reply then.  

If the tests aren't properly running under those manual test sizes, I'd hold off on running them and see what the reps say.

@Liz @Damian