Hughesnet Community

Why can't I access my account online and from the app on my phone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhondacrick
New Poster

Why can't I access my account online and from the app on my phone?

I have tried numerous time to access my account from the myhughesnet.hughesnet.com page and from the app on my iPhone and have never been successful in connecting either way.  

When on the computer...I can log in, but there is no information about my account there.  It says it's an Invalid OpenID or Credentials. What does this mean and how do I fix it.

On my phone....when I try to log in from the HughesNet app....it says....The system is currently unavailable.  Please try again later.......I have tried and tried and tired and still cannot sign in.

Is there a solution to fix these issues????

AND......just so you know......HughesNet Internet SUCKS and is way OVERPRICED!!!!!!  This is the worst internet that I have ever had and it's sad because where I live there is not a whole lot of choices available.

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Liz

Hi Rhonda,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. As C0RR0SIVE mentioned, we're going to escalate your case. This OID error is already being worked on, so we'll add your account to the list.

As for your other concerns, are you referring to speeds? I pulled up your account and I see you're currently subject to our Fair Access Policy, which is why you're not getting at least 25 Mbps on your Gen 5 20 GB plan. Your speeds have been reduced, but you should still be able to do general browsing and standard quality video streaming despite not seeing the normal 25+ Mbps speeds.

Once your monthly data allowance resets, you'll reach those 25+ Mbps speeds again. If you visit your System Control Center by entering 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser, you'll see that your Anytime Bytes are at 0 and that your monthly data will reset in 5 days.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Rhonda, 

We're being told by engineering that a release is planned for next week to address this. We'll be keeping our ears open on how this goes. After Wednesday next week, please let us now if you see any changes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!