Hughesnet Community

Why can't I watch training videos on new Gen5 system?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CynthiaJ1024

Why can't I watch training videos on new Gen5 system?

I installed the new Gen 5 Hughesnet at my home. I noticed that I have very slow speed when it comes to anything video related? I am working at home (like most). When I called their tech support number it said priority was given to people working from home and/or school classes. How do they know who is doing this? No one asked me and I am working from home at a new job and require a lot of on-line webinars, Zoom, etc and watching training videos.

2 REPLIES 2
Deacon
Freshman

I signed on for Gen5 system 1 week ago today.  We haven't been able to watch a streaming video alll the way through yet.  I suppose that due to the virus and fewer techs their customer service is overloaded at this time.  Unfortunately that is of no good for customers like us who are paying for the service.  There is no way to e-mail them about problems.  We actually got a confirmation number that they are working on.  As yet, no results.

@CynthiaJ1024 wrote:

I installed the new Gen 5 Hughesnet at my home. I noticed that I have very slow speed when it comes to anything video related? I am working at home (like most). When I called their tech support number it said priority was given to people working from home and/or school classes. How do they know who is doing this? No one asked me and I am working from home at a new job and require a lot of on-line webinars, Zoom, etc and watching training videos.

Liz

Hello CynthiaJ1024, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. We have some tips for Zoom, other popular educational tools, and working from home in general here if you haven't checked them out yet: https://www.hninfo.us/worktips

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!