Hughesnet Community

Why does Hughes offer Zonealarm on a montly basis ,bud Win 10 users can notuse the download because it is not compatible?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
linro5
Freshman

Why does Hughes offer Zonealarm on a montly basis ,bud Win 10 users can notuse the download because it is not compatible?

I subscribed to Zonealarm for 3Pc. Hughes send me the Keys and the download file. Unfortunately my computer would not let me install, because it was not compatible with Win10.So i called Hughes. They told me to call Zonealarm. There i was told that they replaced it with ZA Extreme and I should install that from there webside. I did bud now the Keys don't work. So they told me to call Hughes back they would fix that. So I did, only to find out that Hughes tells me to call zonealarm back with a number that does not even works. Does anybody  in Hughes know what goes on here?
18 REPLIES 18
Liz

Hi linro5,

Are you saying have you tried downloading from the link here?:

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/s-28464961/cmd/kbresource/kb-2070413075044131386/view_question!P...

Scroll down to where it says "If you do not have the Above message you can still download and install a Win 10 compatible version."

Then click the link that says "ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite - click here"

Please let me know if that works or not.

Thank you,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

linro5
Freshman

I downloaded the win 10 version from there. I can get only the 30 trial because it will not take the provided key from Hughes and since it is sold by Hughes, Zonealarm will not give me a new key..
Liz

Hi linro5,

I'm trying to trace the same steps you're taking to install your Zone Alarm. This is what I can see in your account:

Are you saying that when you log in to the HughesNet Support Center, manage your Zone Alarm service, and click on that Download button, the installation file from there prevents you from installing?

If so, can you please go back to that screen:
-click on Billing in the top menu
-click on My Services in the top menu
-click on Manage next to "Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite (3PC)"
-click on the Download button

When you run the downloaded installer for Zone Alarm, if you get an error message, please take a screenshot of it and post it here.

Here's how to take screenshots: take-a-screenshot.org

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

linro5
Freshman

Liz,
Zonealarm knows that the download on your website does not work with Win10. They told me thatyour company has to change to version 15. Win10will not let you install the download file from Hughes. And the key from Hughes will not work in version 15. Win 10 just tells you that THIS FILE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WIN10. Hughes service took my order back and promissed that i will get an e-mail when the issue with Zonealarm is resolved. I guess just as the problem with the new Status meter that never got resolved and still don't work. I wished in our rural area we had more options.
Liz

Thank you, I will try to reproduce this on our test machine here to demonstrate this for upper management so we can ensure we have Zone Alarm compatible with Windows 10. If you have a screenshot of the message, this can expedite this process.

-Liz

Liz

OK so I reproduced your issue and contacted Zone Alarm support. 

I was given this link to an installer that was compatible with Windows 10 and from that, I was able to install Zone Alarm onto our Windows 10 PC in our lab:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/support/download/2016/g3/ZASPSetupWeb_150_156_17126.exe

I have noticed, however, when you enter your license key in Zone Alarm, the confirmation website will indicate that your subscription will be until 2026, which is correct. Despite that, Zone Alarm will still display "Your subscription will expire", as well as the 30 day countdown in the bottom right corner. 

Please let me know if the link above works for you.

Thanks,
Liz

linro5
Freshman

Hi Liz
I had the same results as you.Now Zonealarm said if the 30 days still is up on the countdown than after 30 days I will have to renew. That is why i did not wanted to wait and than start that all over again. Can you clear that with Zonealarm and if it works I will than reorder from you. Thank you and have a great day. Wil
Liz

Good morning linro50,

Did you get a confirmation page after you entered the key? Mine looked like this, please note the expiration date:

I believe yours would have had a similar expiration year. Despite this, our Zone Alarm looks like this:

I can understand this can be confusing, so I'm escalating this to management to address. I'm under the impression that since the confirmation page stated that our subscription won't expire until 2026, then that's what will happen, regardless of what is displayed in Zone Alarm. I activated yesterday, 12/21, so I will check back after 30 days on our copy to see if I need to renew. If I do, I will document this and send that up to management as well. 

In the meantime, I'll apply a credit on your account for the next 3 months to cover your Zone Alarm subscription and for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your cooperation, patience, and understanding.

-Liz

Liz

I see we've already applied a credit on your account for this. Once I have an update on the Zone Alarm renewal, I'll post back.

Thanks,
Liz

sydhendricks89
New Poster

I am having the same problem.
sydhendricks89
New Poster

I have also downloaded the win 10 version from the ZA website and entered the key. It also says I'm on a 30 day trail only. Also, a lot of the functions (specifically the keylogger and spam) continuously turn to "off" when I try to turn them on. Since I have just deleted ZA all together and am using the virus software that came with the PC. However I much rather prefer ZA. Every since you guy's updated your website zonealarm has had may problems downloading from your website. I've had ZA with hughesnet for almost 3 years and before the updated website I had no problem downloading extras.
Liz

Hello,

Please try uninstalling Zone Alarm then installing using this other link to the Win10-compatible installer: https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/why-does-hughes-offer-zonealarm-on-a-montly-basis-b...

If you still have concerns, please start your own thread so we can better focus on your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Liz

Ah, thanks for clarifying that you've already tried that Win10 link. I apologize for the incovenience, and thank you very much for this important feedback. This is useful information, I will send this to the appropriate people here at corporate. I'm glad you have another anti-virus program to fall back on; PC security is important.

Thanks,
Liz

linro5
Freshman

Hi Liz
Today I got the message from Zonealarm that my 30 days are over and i need to renew. I tried a few things. Nothing worked. Than i tried one more time. What I ended up to do to make the subscription from Hughes to work is: I deleted the the key that i had from Hughes out of the  Key bar and reinstalled it back on the bar. Now i got the Ok bar and clicked OK. Than i turned all programs on.  Now my 30 days went to 00 and everything works just as it should.  Please let other people know.   Wilfried R
linro5
Freshman

liz see my post. I got it to work. Wilfried R
Liz

Hi Wilfried,

This is great! I'm glad to hear you got that countdown timer zeroed out and all the ZoneAlarm features up and running. I really appreciate you taking the time to come back to tell me what you did to get this to work, it will be helpful for others. I will test this on our ZoneAlarm here in the lab since I activated it around the same time you did, so my 30 days may be up as well.

Thank you again! Please don't hesitate to drop by the community if you need anything.

-Liz

linro5
Freshman

Hi Liz
I do not understand what is going on. My Zonealarm worked till two days ago. Now i get the message that my key from Hughes is not a valid key and so Zonealarm is turned off till i get a valid key. Kan you help? Wilfried
Liz

Hi Wilfried,

I saw and replied to your other thread, I'm sorry Zone Alarm was once again a cause for concern for you, but I'm glad you were able to get working copies directly from them.

Thanks,
Liz