cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Facebook blocked by my HN9000 system?

Re: Why is Facebook blocked by my HN9000 system?

LOL.  Hughesnet is my only option no sense in trashing it or the people who work for them.  I understand that satellite internet is different than the others.  Honestly whenever I have had a problem with Hughes it gets solved pretty quickly.  The facebook thing will pass once they get it figured out.

This is the second time in the past two months that my H9000 won't load FB.... Getting frustrated...

right now I am using www.beta.facebook.com.

There would be no need for elpyro200 to talk to FB.  Hughes need to straighten out their issues on Spaceway infrastructure instead.

Thanks for posting that Denise, that gets me on to Facebook proper, but clicking through to a game for example tries to take me back to a link somewhere else on facebook. apps.facebook.com appears to have the same issues as www.facebook.com

Bill. No offence. You know absolutely nothing pertaining to the issue.  

lucky you bill its some thing that happens all the time on HN

Yep! Here we go again for the second time this month!! I will again try to be patient.  This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Reload
Hide details
Google Chrome's connection attempt to www.facebook.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Check your Internet connection
Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.

Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it is already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.

If you use a proxy server...

Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
Highlighted

If you really want to play your games, you have to insert beta.facebook again after you click on the game you're trying to get to.  

I sure hope so Denise ..I've been having the same issues loading fb games..Funny it worked fine yesterday and back to nothing today Smiley Sad