cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Facebook blocked by my HN9000 system?

Why is Facebook blocked by my HN9000 system?

It appears my Hughes modem has blocked ONLY Fb and its mesg system? I have been trying to work to fix this for over a week and its for-sure the Hughes system doing it, even our cell phones run WiFi can not get on?
I tried the trbo page thing I had read about with no luck
what-else might I try?

I can ping and see FB thu the BETA site but no way with any of our machines or wifi phones thu the Hughes HN9000 System
had hoped the new 12+ hour up load few days ago might had fixxed it, but no
 Its becoming a real pain
Plz help

Patrick
Eastern Kentucky 41348
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Why is Facebook blocked by my HN9000 system?

well maybe they are bored? as I have read thu quite a few of others who have the same issues so its not on here and thanks for the heads up as I already rebooted and cleared cache a few time long before this post,,, but thanks for the ideas but already did them all and in the order you spoke of,, I was thinking more like a proxy like the trurbo servers might had been issues but i have disabled that too as a test,, thanks for your time

This happens quite often to me also.  I also have tried all the remedies.  And they do not work for me either.  On another thread it said it had something to do with the way facebook sets up its security and every so often it affects the hughesnet connection.  It's not intentional, just one of those tech things that happens I guess.

and with out changing anything at all it lights up in the morning? ( with out reboot of anything left all run as it was) This has to have something to do with hughes proxy's or some kind of hughes turbo, its not here a computer cache is not going to effect the cell phones ( Apple and android & 2 cabled computers) phones run thu the wifi?

Denise Holcomb, I dont think its intentional,, But it sure is not in my equipment,, and I had hopped to find am answer, I know theirs one just need someone to look into it,, as I am out of ideas up to now, but I do know what its not,, I had read many others with similar issues,, I mean to just say FB and hughes dont play well so to bad is not am answer,, and what about the message systmes on the cell phones?, so I hope someone who may had found and answer or work around other then the FB Beta pages,, TIA for any help or input that might help or point to answers,,
Advanced Tutor

jmccarthy,

I think I hear your mommy calling you.

what Info does Hughes need to ping out Radio and check to see if I may have an issue i am unaware of? plz advise

Good morning Patrick,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and can certainly check on your HughesNet system for you to ensure the equipment is functioning properly. Inability to access specific sites, such as Facebook, normally isn't caused by hardware concerns. Are you still unable to access Facebook at this point?

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Patrick,

Just an update on your diagnostics, your system appears to be working normally. Are you still unable to access Facebook at this point?

-Liz 

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

It usually resolves itself eventually.  I just find something else to do until it does.  Like now it's down again so I'm just playing games on another website.