cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Hughes.net so slow with Google chrome but faster on Android tablets?

Why is Hughes.net so slow with Google chrome but faster on Android tablets?

Hughes is so slow on my laptop using Google Chrome, Firefox, Explorer and Opera. Some pages just won't open. However when using my android tablet, Hughes operates much faster. I have been using Hughes about 4 months and so far I am not happy....keeps getting slower. Anyone have an answer other than dumping Hughes?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why is Hughes.net so slow with Google chrome but faster on Android tablets?

Good morning Roger,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We want to address your concerns, so please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account. We can address your general speed concerns, so to help us, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. 

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Since you're noticing a difference in performance between your computer and tablet, you may want to run a malware scan on your computer to ensure there isn't anything that could be bogging it down. Are there a lot of browser extensions/add-ons on your browsers?

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Spoken like a true Linux fan.  Smiley Happy
Honorary Alumnus

Logic would seem to dictate that if the same Internet Connection is supplying both devices, one being fast and the other slow, then the connection itself is not the root cause.

Dump cache, dump cookies, dump history, on the Windows machine .... open a command prompt and do an ipconfig /flushdns

Install a browser extensions to block ads and scripts from running.

Those would be my starting steps.