Hughesnet Community

Why is HughesNet taking advantage of Texas flood victims. We have lost our homes. Please help us terminate your service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike Cook

Why is HughesNet taking advantage of Texas flood victims. We have lost our homes. Please help us terminate your service.

Why is HughesNet taking advantage of Texas flood victims. We have lost our homes. We can no longer use your service, unfortunately. We don't want to pay termination fees. The Blanco took our homes away. Please read the papers and listen to Texas families. We don't have our homes. Don't have our computers or TVs. All washed away in the flood. We need to be able to cancel our service with people who understand customer support and goo customer service like DirecTV.
4 REPLIES 4
Miles2

Good morning Mike,

HughesNet does have a heart and we are sorry to hear that you, your family, neighbors and Texans have had so much loss during these recent floods. We are aware that so many of our customers, dealers and employees have been affected. HughesNet has policies in place to deal with the destruction and loss of HughesNet systems after fires, floods, hurricanes, tornados, etc, we offer suspensions of service giving time to rebuild, or to reinstall systems and in many cases we will Waive early terminations fees while families try to get back on their feet. Over the years Hughes has been involved in giving support to many disaster relief efforts in the United Sates, and around the world. Please write back with your last case number. Once received we will assign a case manager to help you with your account, we will contact with you within two business days.

Please accept our condolences and apologies, we do care and we thank you for writing and reporting this,

Miles
Katie0
Admin

Mike - we agree and will be contacting you today.  Also, see our announcement for others affected.
Shawn Lynn Hask

My home was flooded out as well, only it was due to my washing machine pumping out over 300 gallons of water. I had to leave my home and I'm still currently displaced. I was told the early termination fee would only be authorized if I have a newspaper clipping, a letter from a fireman, or proof I am no longer able to occupy my home. I was able to get it suspended for 6 months, but now that's up. I understand people try everything to get out of a contract, but this is legit. I have no way to prove it other than they can plainly see we are not using the equipment. When I call, I'm given a reference number. Either they can't find the number or it doesn't ever say what I was told. They can't email me so again customers only hope what they are told is in the record, but not in my case. It's my word against theirs and you know how that works. So, I have a home waiting to be demolished while I'm still paying for services I can no longer use. I will never use then again and I'm now sorry I recommended them to my neighbor! Direct tv canceled my contact without early termination fees and we're actually human! Nice job Highsnet!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Shawn,

I recommend that you start a new post and explain what you did here.  You could even copy and paste it.  The reps here are at the corporate level, and although I can't guarantee it will make any difference, it might very well be worth the try.  Good luck.