cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my monthly allowance gone before the month is half over?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Why is my monthly allowance gone before the month is half over?

I use a netgear wireless router that is password protected.I have no idea what wireless encryption level it has. My hughes system is HT1100 and I have the 10GB plan. I did'nt have problems like this until about 7 months ago.
Highlighted

The range of WiFi is not much.  Maybe a couple of hundred feet.  So that is easy to determine whether neighbors are connecting.

On my DSL modem/router, I can log in and determine what is connected.  There was ONLY one WiFi connection, and that was the DirecTV Genie receiver.   It was downloading 24/7, who knows what.

Highlighted

I guess Genie has subscribed to various XXX movie channels.

Highlighted

If you find something useful, please share.

Highlighted

Hi nickysduck2,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I hope that our wonderful members were able to provide you with some kick-off tips to get down to the bottom of this issue. I do agree with William that you should double-check to make sure one of those three satellite providers is not someone who leases HughesNet capacity if you are unhappy with the service. The slow speeds you may be experiencing as referenced in your comment just a few posts above could be the result of having exceeded your monthly download allowance. 
It should not take hours to load one webpage - we'll run some diagnostics on your system to make sure there is no connectivity issues. 

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

There is always confusion with the Dish/Directv resellers to say nothing of VAR's such as Montana Satellite.

Highlighted
New Poster

No its not