Assistant Professor

Re: Why is my token bytes being used

Well, it is Friday the 13th.
Honorary Alumnus

OK Gary,

From the top, do you have a router .......  Smiley Happy

Oh yea I will get to the bottom of this mystery I am a very experienced Technician  but any ideas other than the usual will be appreciated.

One thing though I do have screen shots from yesterday and this morning. This helps to show that there is unexplained usage no matter what HughesNet says.  It isn't something that happens repetitively but very much random.  It makes me think of all the other post out there pertaining to unexplained usage.  It is curious that the status meter showed yesterday it was using tokens when it wasn't, then overnight 8gb vanish. 

I have always loved Sci-Fi so I guess it is time to Trek out insearch of strange new Black Holes that eat Data.
Assistant Professor

I feel any system that is constantly in two-way communication has the potential to run amok. Trying to convince those running the system is another story.
I hope they gave you the data back.
Honorary Alumnus

well ..

"I have always loved Sci-Fi so I guess it is time to Trek out insearch of strange new Black Holes that eat Data."

Remember that famous line from the original Star Trek, .... "Bones" with tricorder in hand saying "It's dead Jim".

Well Liz put 2gb back (Big harry deal) so I guess I'll have to eat 6gb I haven't checked to much this morning but will start digging into it this afternoon.  If I find it on my end then OK if it isn't on my end then I will yell pretty loud.

Like you said 2 way communication can do strange things.  When you see the same things on both HughesNet and Exede sites there may be something running amok.
Honorary Alumnus

Gary, not to gloat or anything but you really should get a better handle on data consumption. Example of "good clean internet living":

Seriously though, didn't we have a "SmartBrowse" indicator light in the red circled area ?

(The above is version 6.2.0)

Assistant Professor

Ha, ha Gwalk my meter did that too, there's a post here somewhere.

Clean living? Dang buddy, you're paying for it, why not use it? Why you paying for the highest plan, you feel bad for HughesNet?
Honorary Alumnus

I don't get out much.

Are you getting DNS errors this AM ? Can't get to the Shack.

How in the heck can it just "disappear"? its part of the utilities version !