cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my token bytes being used

Assistant Professor

Re: Why is my token bytes being used

Only site I haven't been able to is the Shack. I am using Google DNS.

Well it did but it disappeared when I reinstalled the Status Meter.  About the only thing this does is force me to look into places Windows can't.  It is funny that no problem until I Booted into Windows.  I did leave Windows in sleep mode last night as I do with Linux all the time.  What I have to do is boot into Puppy Linux from my Flash Drive.  It runs entirely off RAM.  Then go into the Windows Partition from there I can see all the hidden stuff that is running and has ran.

Puppy Linux lets you see and edit every file even hidden it is a good tool for finding Adware, Spyware, Malware, and any other type of ware you want to see.  So I will track it down.
Honorary Alumnus

Gary,

Can you post a reliable link to Puppy Linux ? How big of flash drive does it require ?

How big is the download ?

It is fairly small for a OS 210mb it is a .iso and can be mounted to a CD DVD or Flash Drive.  Here is a link to the main page that will tell you all about it.  It is real good for older PCs just to play with will run good on 128mb RAM and 200mb Processor.  You can run an older PC even without a hard drive a gig stick will work very good.

http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20Latest%20Release.htm

Hey Everyone

Well I found the problem it seems that even though I had Windows Sleeping somehow a Video shows to have been running all night long.  Now the funny thing is it was from the Huffington Post a very left wing liberal news site.  I am extremely Libertarian leaning to the right Conservative and have no need to go to Huff Post.  This makes me think my Cats got the idea to watch liberal broadcast because I cut back on their food and told them to earn their supper and, "Catch that Mouse".  This is what happens when you tell lefties to go to work.

Sorry for the Political comment,  and Hughes it is a cat problem not a bug.  

Aha!

Thank you for letting us know what happened, Gary. I haven't heard back from the devs yet, but I'll post back when I do.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Honorary Alumnus

Ouch !

Its bad when you find out you wet  in your own Cheerios !

Been there and done that.

We don't allow little Danny (one yr. old Shih Tzu) to get on the Internet at all and carefully monitor his TV viewing.

8GB up in smoke !

Tutor

The Shack is down at this time. Our host installed some new equipment and appears to have caused this issues. We are working on getting back up ASAP. Thank you for your patience and understanding as this was out of our control.

Yea that would buy a lot of CAT FOOD
Assistant Professor

Gary,

I don't really appreciate the political talk here. I lean the other direction. Really, really don't appreciate comments like:
 This is what happens when you tell lefties to go to work.
The apology seems very insincere when you made it in the first place and knew it was wrong. I never bring politics into the mix here and feel no one should.