Hughesnet Community

Why when are paying big money for high speed internet and we get dialup speed during the most times that people aqre up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curt Schell

Why when are paying big money for high speed internet and we get dialup speed during the most times that people aqre up

How many are paying for the 10 meg signal but only get an unacceptable time sensative speed of less than 1 meg of download speed from 7 am to10 pm? I have been getting slow speeds that are unacceptable speeds of 300kbps-700 kbps from 7 am-10 pm I should not have to get up at 4 am or stay up till after 10 just to check my email and watch news feeds! I have had every excuse from in-climate weather to bad router yet I am plugged directly into the modem. It should not take 2 minutes to open my hughesnetgen4 homepage let alone try to watch a video.  I pay for high speed and get dial up speed because of over sold servers I have been on tech support several times over the last 4 months with no results they connected me with third party troubleshooter and they determined it has nothing to do with my equipment  So why am I paying $70 a month for $25 internet?
41 REPLIES 41
bob0

where do you come up with 10 meg signal?  I have not been able to get a straight answer to this question.
Curt Schell

That is what I was told by the tech support and the third party troubleshooter that I should be getting with gen4. a minimum of 3 meg but that is a joke and I do get 9-11 megs of download speed service from 3 am to 7 am

Curt Schell

They are just taking advantage of those of us that have no other options in our rural areas! I laugh ever time I see the commercial that states " be able to stream show and watch videos that you can't do with dial up" yeah right what a sales pitch because the reality is BS! only if you get on your computer during the middle of the night when most farmers need to sleep!
Curt Schell

All of my neighbors are having the same problem lately because it has gotten worse. as long as we were getting around 3 megs we didn't complain but now it is bad
Curt Schell

their ad says it's super fast  watch video clips stream music etc so it is bordering on false advertising

Liz

Good morning Curt,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We'd like to get to the bottom of this, so to get started, please post a case number or the serial number located on the bottom of your modem so we can pull up your account.

To help us address your concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Curt Schell

If you look at my account you will see that is what I have been doing for the last 2 days 24 hour speed tests  every 1/2 hour and talked to level 1 tech support they will never let me they will never let me talk to advanced tech support for 2 hours 3 times and 2 hours twice with HTS third party tech and I have been doing this for 4 months and al I keep getting is we need you to run a speed test or we need to check your equipment which they have done it is nothing on my end just keep getting the run around with no results!!!!!!!

Curt Schell

Like I said before I get between 6900-11000 kbps from 3 am till 7 am then it goes to 286-600 kbps
JB6600

I have experienced the same issue for quite some time. It's called throttling and is due to Hughes failure to provide adequate bandwidth to enable its paid subscribers to achieve the speeds they are charging premiums to achieve.
Ricky
Tutor

Curt, you will need to post a case number or your serial number from the bottom of your modem so Liz can pull up your account.
Liz

Hi Curt, 

As Ricky above stated, I can't look up your speed tests without a case or serial number to pull up your account.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

JB6600

The net effect is throttling.  Whether you turn down bandwidth by intent or intentionally sign up more customers than can be serviced with speeds as promised because of known bandwidth limits is still throttling. 

The real issue is that many clients not knowledgeable about wireless infrastructure are wasting a lot of time being told to chase problems on the client side when the real issue is with the provider's infrastructure. 
Christopher San

If help in the forum  Curt you at least need to do as Liz requested as to be able to pull up your account ---case no, or the ESN no,-serial no. , for she can not find you till you do  !!!   OKAY !!!  not trying to sound mean or anything like that but she does have to have that information to find you !!!!
Curt Schell

I did post a number and the post disappeared So do away with your bold print bs

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curt Schell, the post never appeared, every time someone creates a post, Hughes gets an email about that post and what was said in it due to how GetSatisfaction operates.  So could you please post your case number?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Why would you not post it again then? 
Christopher San

i was not trying to be mean in this, Curt please try to post it again !!!  do not know what happened but   we in this community are member just as yourself who just try to help   Thank you for your time and i do hope we can help !!!    we pay the money just like you and we get paid atta-boys is all we receive  so in saying we will try !!!
Christopher San

Boy I'm a slow typer in this one !!!   LOL   !!!!
Curt Schell

I am sure that Liz removed it for security reasons.