Hughesnet Community

Why when are paying big money for high speed internet and we get dialup speed during the most times that people aqre up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Curt Schell

Why when are paying big money for high speed internet and we get dialup speed during the most times that people aqre up

How many are paying for the 10 meg signal but only get an unacceptable time sensative speed of less than 1 meg of download speed from 7 am to10 pm? I have been getting slow speeds that are unacceptable speeds of 300kbps-700 kbps from 7 am-10 pm I should not have to get up at 4 am or stay up till after 10 just to check my email and watch news feeds! I have had every excuse from in-climate weather to bad router yet I am plugged directly into the modem. It should not take 2 minutes to open my hughesnetgen4 homepage let alone try to watch a video.  I pay for high speed and get dial up speed because of over sold servers I have been on tech support several times over the last 4 months with no results they connected me with third party troubleshooter and they determined it has nothing to do with my equipment  So why am I paying $70 a month for $25 internet?
41 REPLIES 41
Curt Schell

case 46749880
Curt Schell

Yesterday the level one tech determined it was a modem problem and I just received the modem and in stalled it waited the hour for install time like instructions said now my speed is now 700 kbps on download and 200 on upload 

Curt Schell

On now I just tried to watch a news feed video from the myhughesnet home page with it only stopping 12 times to buffer not bad for a 1 minute video

Curt Schell

unless you work for hughesnet why would you need it if they removed it

Christopher San

your no. is posted  !!!  at 6:35 PM  just have to go out and come back in !!! to see it !!!
Curt Schell

Got off with tech support again and now the replacement modem is the wrong one it was a downgrade from what I had. But at least the guy finally escalated it to the next level see what happens Friday I have to give them 24 hours

Curt Schell

So Liz explain this to me. after new modem over a total of 12 hours on the phone with tech support and 2 hours with HTMS today I was told that you don't sell high speed you just sell internet access. So a speed of 400kbps is acceptable during peak times Which in my area is from 7 am until 9:30 pm which is anytime most people are awake and advanced support will not contact me because it is not a valid claim because I am getting internet even though it is slow and he would get reprimanded if he refered it again, But  according to your advertisements you will provide high speed internet to those living in rural areas that only have dial up available "With HughesNet Gen4 satellite Internet, you'll be able to watch video clips, download music, shop, chat, and learn – all faster than ever
Curt Schell

oh and here is the third case number for this week the one that was supposed to refer me to advanced support 46780767 and yes the new modem was installed and tested
Liz

Hi Curt,

We want to be sure you have the HT1100 before running new speed tests. According to our system, it appears that you're still using an HT1000 modem. If that was what was sent to you, I apologize, at this point, we want to get you on our latest model. I'll go ahead and have an HT1100 overnighted to you so we can troubleshoot your concerns on the latest equipment.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Curt Schell

No I had an HT 1100 but when they sent the replacement it was a HT 1000 and I was told it was because you were out of stock on the 1100's and that it was no different just different numbers but the insides were the same
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

More incompetent Tier 1 call center people. Surprise, surprise!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Well that info wasn't written into the Sacred Script  without a line item in the script and no real knowledge or practical experience .... how are they to know ?

Just Say'n

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

but it doesn't say so  in the Sacred Script  therefore ... you blaspheme !

Christopher San

Curt , !!!! glad you posted that for i believe Liz and Amanda will have a field day on that one !!!!   Gwalk900 you just not right !!!!!
slhend111
Freshman

Liz,

Every time I talk to one of your tech people I get a different site to use to check speed. The last time it was TestMy.net. supposedly operated by hughes net. I have been told everything from 10MBps to avg of 5MBps is what you guys supply but my service never ever in an entire year even come close to that speed.

I saw a post as I was reading earlier that best describes my experience with Hughes Net and their reps it is " if their lips are moving or their finger are typing they are lying".

I have never had any dealings with any company in my 66 years that comes even close to being as dishonest with and as uncaring about the customer as this outfit.

If I had operated my company the way that Hughes Net does I would have been run out of business.

Can't wait for my time is this internet hell to be over.

Sanford 

Ricky
Tutor

Hughesnet does not operate Testmy.net. In fact I don't believe there is any association at all.
nicolette laduk

I was told the same thing but I run at .60 at 10
nicolette laduk

I have run test and when I run them its at dialup speed but when Hughes does it it's awesome high speed. Nice lies
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

nicolette, would be best to start a new post of your own rather than commenting on a year old dead one if you want help.
donsjgm
Junior

Hi nicolette,

Welcome!
I see that you just joined the community today.
I also see that this is your 3d post and all you have posted is complaints.
While venting frustration is an integral part of the human existence, this community serves to help users having problems with their HughesNet service.
The people labeled "Official Rep" are HN employees and are a direct connection with management and engineering.
The ones labeled "Champion" are users who have shown proficiency and to be most knowledgeable of satellite internet along with associated HN systems.
There are others, like myself, who are here to support users and help with problems. Lastly, there are those here who only complain and have no interest in getting any help.

The following (admittedly off peak) is to show you what a properly set-up site is capable of:
http://testmy.net/maxC/04-09-2016/1/16922657859.png
Please, become one of the people who asks for help and hopefully one of the people who in the future comes here to give help to others.

To begin, start a new post describing your problem.

Then, post the serial # of your terminal (on the bottom - or - side)
Do not post your SAN (the one beginning with DSS)
This will let the Official Reps look at your connection from HN's side.

Next, take a series of sets of 3 speed tests morning, mid-day and night at http://testmy.net using the "Manual" 12MB test and post the results.

If you will work with us, we can make it better.
If you are here only to complain, we will get pretty sarcastic.

Looking forward to working with you!

Don  🙂