Hughesnet Community

Why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indianpass1

Why?

Seriously? Why would HughesNet charge so much for a service that doesn't work? I've read all the discussions about slow speeds and what causes them... so how does a company go install a service for someone, knowing whether it'll work or not at that location, and believe it's a service worth a single red cent???.... and it won't even stream 2 seconds of Amazon prime on my smart TV??? I'M SHOCKED at how much money I'm paying for a service that is non existent!!! I can't believe it's legal to be able to do this... 

4 REPLIES 4
MarkJFine
Professor

Clearly you haven't read everything, because:
1. Not all people have other options for internet access.

2. Not all people use the internet as a means for watching TV.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You are assuming that because the service is not working to your statisfaction, it doesn't work for anyone of the over 1 million customers the company has.  This is not so. Because this is a tech support site, people who come here do so to find solutions to their issues. Those who have good service don't come here, so you don't hear from them.  

In any case, your frustration is understandable.  Would you like a HN rep on this site to look at the issue? If so, please provide more detail so they can work with you. 

As for the cost, satellite technology is very expensive to implement and maintain. Earth based technology such as cable is cheaper.  Do you have any other options in your area? 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Indianpass1 wrote:

Why would HughesNet charge so much for a service that doesn't work?  

It's worked just fine for my folks and myself for a combined 21 years.  As well, HughesNet has over 1.5 million subscribers.  The posts you see here are a drop in the bucket.  So much for the blanket statement. 

You always have the option of cancelling the service if it doesn't fit your needs, and you also have the option of satellite TV for your viewing needs.

You also may want to look into PlayOn Cloud.

If you'd like help for your service that "doesn't work" and is "non existent", the first thing would be telling us what your State Code is on this modem page.

Liz

Good morning Indianpass1, 

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!