Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msjoell
New Poster

Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting

I had an issue with my previous modem last week. A tech came out and replaced it Monday evening. Since we received the new modem, we have not been able to maintain a Wi-Fi connection. Every 30 seconds to a minute, the Wi-Fi disconnects and reconnects which makes it difficult to, really, do anything. I attempted calling tech support today and I truly do not feel I was assisted. The person I spoke with said he ran tests and my speeds were reaching 25 mbps. I know this is inaccurate because we only reach speeds to maybe 3 mbps because of our location. At any rate, I've been a customer for years, and this has never happened. And if someone has some advice, I would appreciate it. I have tried rebooting and tried unplugging. I have seen if there is a state code error, but there is no error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your best bet is to wait for one of the reps on this site to reply to you. They're very helpful and will check your system to see what may be going on. 

Thank you.

Msjoell,

Thank you for reaching out! I'd love to help out and look into this for you, hopefully we can find a quick solution! I did want to ask, is this issue only occurring with the new modem you received? Or did the technician replace the modem because the old one was having similar issues?

Thanks,

Remy

This is the only time I have seen this issue in the entire time I have been a customer. It only started on Monday with the new modem.

Msjoell,

Very interesting! I'm going to be sending you a replacement for that modem, to hopefully fix the issue. In the worst case scenario, we'll be able to rule out the modem being the issue! Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the other modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you so much. Do you know when we should expect it and who it's being shipped with? Just so I know when to look for it.

Msjoell,

It'll likely arrive within the next couple days, and it'll be shipped via UPS!

Thanks,

Remy

Wonderful! Thank you so very much!

I'm having same issue I just had service installed last night ever since it's been disconnecting then reconnecting every 30 seconds 

Diesel21
New Poster

We just got hughesnet and are having the same issue. Have you figured out a solution?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Even though you have the same issue, the causes may be different. Additionally, the reps on this site like to deal with one "ticket" at a time, and if you post on this thread, you won't get a response by the reps. To get a response from the HughesNet reps, please go to the main Tech Support section and click the blue button labeled "Start a topic." Explain the problem and provide as much context as you're able.  The reps will reply to your post sometime next week.  For immediate assistance, you can try the 24/7 line at 866-347-3292.

@Diesel21 wrote:

We just got hughesnet and are having the same issue. Have you figured out a solution?

Yea ended up being router tech came out replaced it its been fine since