Wi Fi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rochellem
Freshman

Wi Fi

How do you connect my laptop back up to the WI FI? I have been without since April 2021. I have tried several things but none worked. When I try, it won't give me the box to type the wi fi password in. How do you get to it?  

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Are you using Windows 10? Here are the instructions for Windows 10:  https://www.windowscentral.com/how-connect-wi-fi-network-windows-10

No, I use windows 8.1. I have gone thru the HP support, looked at all the ways to do it on my laptop in settings but nothing works. When the tech came out in March to install my internet I saw him pull up a box and type the password in it but do not know how he got to that box. I have done a reset once before and nothing happened. Please advise.

maratsade

Here are instructions for Windows 8, with illustrations:  https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/Connecting-Windows-8-to-a-Wireless-Network

If this doesn't work, you may want to contact Microsoft. 

EDIT: when you say you did a "reset," what do you mean? What did you reset, and how?

I reset the modem at one time and thank you for the new info. I will give that a try. I am not tech savvy so have a hard time at some things like this no wi fi, but I don't give up. I will get it eventually. I just need it to be simple.

maratsade

I totally understand. Technology can be really complicated sometimes. I hope the site with the images will help;   please give that a try and come back and let us know how it went.  I suggest you don't try resetting the modem again, though. It's OK to unplug it, wait a bit, and then plug it in again,  but resetting it is different and can mess things up. 

Good luck, and please come back to report how things went. 

Good morning rochellem,

It's been a month since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!