WiFi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Burchie70
New Poster

WiFi

We have had HughesNet for about 8 months and everything worked great till about a month or so ago. My iPad shows the WiFi is at full bars but it keeps freezing on websites and eventually I get a message “safari has stopped working because the server has stopped responding” I’ve reset the router and I also contacted Apple thinking it was an issue with safari because my phone has the same problem. I did a complete reset on my iPad and erased all content and settings and set it up as a new iPad and it still does the same thing. Anyone have any ideas ? 

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Hi Burchie,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Is this behavior with freezing websites also happening on non iOS devices? Also, I noticed the iPad currently doesn't have good signal strength to the HughesNet modem, so you might want to move it closer and give it another try. For troubleshooting purposes, can you try a different browser other than Safari on your iOS device?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Our desktop has no issues but it is plugged directly into the modem and we do not have any other non IOS devices. My iPad is only 25 feet away from the modem and like I had said earlier it worked fine for quite a few months in the same location up to a about a month ago when it all started. I have tried it In the same room as the modem and it does the same thing. I have also tried Google browser and had the same issues. I tried the 5g and have the same results. Thanks for the help

Liz

Hmm, just so I'm clear, the freezing websites issue isn't happening on the desktop plugged into the modem?

Does the freezing happen even when your iOS device is running on a non-HughesNet connection i.e. cellular data?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Yes the desktop has no issues with any websites. When I am away from the modem with my phone or iPad everything works just fine. Could this be a faulty modem ? 

If the desktop is having no issues, and this happens only on your iOS devices, it sounds like the issue lies in the iOS devices. Your diagnostics are showing that the HughesNet equipment is working normally, including the modem.

Does the freezing happen even when your iOS device is running on a non-HughesNet connection i.e. cellular data?

Currently, I'm seeing that the iPhone connected to the network has poor signal and connectivity to the network. If the phone is already close to the modem, you may want to look into ensuring that device is working normally. 

Is the iOS up to date? Is this an older model iPhone? There may be some iPhone users here in the community that might have some tips that can help optimize your iPhone, alternatively you could check the Apple forums for suggestions.

If it were me, I'd completely delete all of the current connections on the iOS devices and re-do them, using the procedure outlined in New possible leakage source (for iOS users). It's not quite the same problem as mentioned in that post, but it's similar.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

We have 2 iPad Air’s and 2 iPhone 8’s and they work perfectly fine when using cellular data and work fine on other WiFi sources. All devices are IOS 11.4.1, so all are up to date with apple. I did a complete reset and erased all content off my iPad and set it up as new and it has the same issues as before. I find it hard to believe that all four devices are the problem and not the HughesNet modem. Thanks for the replies 

Perhaps it's the modem settings. Plus, you have to remembrer that there have been several iOS updates over the past several months.

Over the same period I developed an annoying pause in bluetooth audio that intermittently occurs seconds after a screen lock. Apple can't seem to get that one right either, so I'm not confident their updates are 100% foolproof.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I have small glitches with my iPhone but I have attributed them to the phone, not anything to do with Hughesnet. For example, it does not automatically connect when I enter the house, even though it is set to do so. I always have to manually connect. It also drops the connection 3-4 times daily, which is irritating, but only takes 30 seconds to manually reconnect. I attribute it to my phone because even though I have the latest iOS, it is an older 5c model. My daughter has a fairly new Samsung and she has none of the above issues. We don't have cellphone service (we live in the boonies), so I don't know how it would do with cellular date and I rarely connect to public wi-fi with my phone when I'm out and about.

So, not exactly the same problem, as your devices are newer, but, as @MarkJFine mentioned, there have been quite a few iOS updates as of late, so perhaps it has something to do with that. My laptop, a pretty new PC device running Windows10, also has none of these issues.