cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widely Varying and Slow Downlink Rates

Sophomore

Re: Widely Varying and Slow Downlink Rates

What about it Liz? What's going on with the huge variations in my downlink?

Hi bluesky636,

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend. That's good you were able to stream with no issue lately, I don't know how that happened, but maybe you can ask an engineer this Friday. Engineering got back to me and is available to troubleshoot with you over the phone this Friday at 11 AM ET. Would that work for you? Our corporate office will reach out to you via the number on file ending in 86. If there's another number you prefer, please privately message it to me.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Friday @ 11am EDT would be fine. _ _ 86 is my phone number and the only number to reach me at. I look forward to hearing from engineering.

Wonderful, thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Continue to be puzzled by my data rates. Hope to find out something Friday when I am supposed to run a live test with HN engineering.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/bluesky636

Again, this last test was run using wi-fi with my PC. Both Android phones and printer are also connected to wi-fi.

Looking good.

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

I'll be interested to know if engineering will be able to explain the wide variation in my data rates.

Sophomore

Latest speed test using wi-fi: https://testmy.net/quickstats/bluesky636

Looking for a pattern.

Tags (1)
Sophomore

Waiting for my "Live Test" with HN engineering. Ran another test a few minutes ago with wi-fi.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/bluesky636

Looks like the beginnings of a pattern.

Maximum downlink rates

9/6/19 10:48:44 am  25 MB

30.63 Mbps 3.83 MB/s

9/5/19 11:56:48 am  25 MB30.4 Mbps 3.8 MB/s
9/4/19 12:26:09 pm  25 MB25.08 Mbps 3.14 MB/s
9/4/19 9:22:53 am  25 MB27.87 Mbps 3.48 MB/s
8/30/19 4:05:43 pm  25 MB34.23 Mbps 4.28 MB/s
8/30/19 1:07:10 pm  25 MB31.08 Mbps 3.88 MB/s Date downlink suddenly jumped up from <3Mbps

Minimum downlink rates

9/2/19 6:35:04 pm  25 MB8.69 Mbps 1.09 MB/s
9/5/19 8:17:20 pm  25 MB6.75 Mbps 843 kB/s

Talking with HN now.

Distinguished Professor III

What's been happening in the evenings since the 30th looks like peak usage time congestion.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit