cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and voice service completely dropping ALOT

Babylove1983
New Poster

Wifi and voice service completely dropping ALOT

Hi,I was wondering if there is anything I need to do to fix my WiFi and voice service. Recently they have both been acting up way more than usual. My voice service for the past 4 or 5 days has been dropping calls after a couple of min even when I try to call the person back numerous times it does it again. This isn't every single call but it is the majority of them. And my WiFi is always slow but for the past couple of days I try to search for something on google and it tells me request timed out and to check my connection. Can y'all give me some ideas of what I need to do? Thanks Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Wifi and voice service completely dropping ALOT

What troubleshooting have you done so far? For instance, have you tried unplugging everything, waiting 5 minutes, then replugging everything? 

GabeU

@Babylove1983 

As a troubleshooting step, the reps may want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to make sure everything is operating as it should be.  To do so, they may first need some personal information from you in order to locate your account.  If they do, they'll ask for it to be sent via private message for the sake of security, for which they will provide a link.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually reply within a day or two.  If you need help sooner, you can call 866-347-3292 to reach HughesNet's Customer Care department.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
PJR
New Poster

Service is just not that good. I had a tech come out and check my services as it was very slow and dropping calls.  Cost $125 to tell me that it was just in a bad area and nothing that can be done.  I was able to cancel my phone but trying to cancel the internet is a whole new ball game.  I have been told that I can be on vacation which I did and now only have to pay $15 per month for 6 months and then I can disconnect.  

maratsade

As the subscriber agreement states, " Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than the maximum speeds during peak hours." It can vary widely between areas and even between households. 

It's satellite internet, so it does have its limitations. Many subscribers expect it to work like terrestrial internet, which it can't do. 

The $125 fee for a tech visit is the regular fee if you want a tech to come out to your residence, unless you subscribe to Express Repair

Cancelling the internet takes a phone call and if you are still under contract, will also include a fine for cancelling before the contract is due, plus there will be a fine if you do not return all the required equipment. 

@PJR wrote:

Service is just not that good. I had a tech come out and check my services as it was very slow and dropping calls.  Cost $125 to tell me that it was just in a bad area and nothing that can be done.  I was able to cancel my phone but trying to cancel the internet is a whole new ball game.  I have been told that I can be on vacation which I did and now only have to pay $15 per month for 6 months and then I can disconnect.  

GabeU

@PJR wrote:

I have been told that I can be on vacation which I did and now only have to pay $15 per month for 6 months and then I can disconnect.  

For reference, if you are still in the midst of your 24 month commitment, the end date of that commitment is pushed out for as long as you have your service on seasonal suspension.  i.e., if you have twelve months left in your commitment, and you put your service on suspension for six months, there will still be twelve months left in that commitment after that six month suspension is over.

Service suspension time does not count toward fulfillment of the 24 month commitment.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro