Hughesnet Community

Wifi booster - don't waste your money!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megzmom87

Wifi booster - don't waste your money!

I ordered the wifi booster for $99 because my service is so spotty and so slow. Big waste of money. I actually lose my connection more often on some sites when the booster is plugged in. 

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@megzmom87 

What was the original problem you were having that caused you to believe that the WiFi Booster might help? 

Are you sure the booster is properly placed, as in halfway between where you have a powerful signal and where the signal drops to nothing?  

If specific sites are dropping the connection, but not others, this wouldn't be as a cause of the WiFi Booster, as the booster is indifferent to the sites you're on, as well as your online activities in general.  All it does is extend the HT2000W's WiFi signal in the same general direction that you've placed it.

Liz

Good morning megzmom87,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!