Wifi disconnects and reconnects every 35 seconds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdowl
New Poster

Wifi disconnects and reconnects every 35 seconds

I'm a new customer and had HughesNet installed last Saturday 7/3. The Wi-Fi has had a problem dropping and reconnecting to all my devices from the very first minute after the install. It doesn't matter if I use 2g or 5g. It doesn't matter if I am 3 feet away from the modem or in the basement on the other side of our house. You can set your watch to it. Every 35 seconds my wi-fi drops and immediately re-connects to my phones. It's been doing this for 4 days straight. I've tried everything an end-user can. Reset modem, reset phone network settings, restarted phones, moved the modem to another location, changed other phone settings, changed the modem channels (11,44) oh yes, and I called HughesNet support 4 times. After all of this time, energy, and frustration, I have nothing to report except that every 35 seconds the re-connections continue with no end to this situation insight. My last resort was to de-select my wi-fi connection on my phones due to concern that the hundreds of disconnections & re-connections would do more harm than good. Therefore, I do not have any wi-fi connection to HughesNet. Other than that everything has been perfect. (sarcasm) Any advice?
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'd suggest waiting until a rep on this site replies to your post. They can check your modem remotely and can do troubleshooting with you.  

Remy

rdowl.

I see it's your first time posting here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to take a look into your system, but I was unable to find the account tied to your Community profile. Please send me a PM to this link with your account number or a phone number attached!

Thanks,

Remy

Hughes customer service decided to send me a replacement modem. This seems to have corrected the issue. Time will tell. Thanks.