cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi password

Clwilley54

Wifi password

I have my phone connected using the password on the back of the modem. I'm trying to connect another phone using the same password. It won't connect saying invalid. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Wifi password

Make sure the characters are being input correctly.  Like make sure an I isn't a 1, or vice versa.  If it worked with the one it should work with the other.  

You an also sign into the WiFi section of the modem to check the password(s) shown for the two bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz), which should be identical unless they've been changed.  You can log into the modem's WiFi settings via the following link...

http://192.168.42.1/login.htm

Use admin as the password for that access.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Re: Wifi password

Hi Clwilley54,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I hope Gabe's suggestion put you on the right track. If you still have concerns, feel free to drop by the community again!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.