cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Caps Ever Raise

Will Caps Ever Raise

We don't have Hughesnet. We have Exede because of the unlimited download zone they offer and the unlimited webpage and email viewing. However it just isn't getting any different. Caps need to be more realistic. Like 75GB minimum to 150GB. It's ridiculous that the highest cap you can get on Hughesnet is 20GB. 20GB doesn't last a family these days. It's impossible for a family of 4 to enjoy a Youtube video and browse for a few hours everyday without using the cap.

I hear in 2016 there will be a new launch for Exede. Not sure about Hughesnet. But if they don't raise the caps to something realistic I am going to be forced to move to the city or a different house that offers cable. Satellite internet is really pathetic for the amount of money it costs. It's a joke.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Will Caps Ever Raise

I couldn't agree more, Joshua...
Associate Professor

This is a community support forum for Hughes customers, not Exede.  If you wish to complain about data caps with your current service provider, please contact them.

Charles! I think it's a valid post. Joshua is just pointing out how much better Exede is compared to Hughesnet and we Hughesnet users need all the help we can get. Thank you Josh!!

I too would move Joshua if only I could afford it, but for me I will stay where I am until my time is up on this earth. I also thought about Exede, but it is not available where we live. 

Don't know if there ever will be any caps increase, doubtful, but we can only hope.

Good morning Joshua, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We are aware of people's changing needs when it comes to internet service, and we take all feedback into consideration when planning for ways to meet those needs. This was brought up recently by another subscriber, to which my fellow moderator, Katie, replied: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/instead-of-giving-me-higher-speed-can-i-have-more...

Rest assured that we will let everyone know if we have new service plan offerings.

Thanks for posting.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I do like Exede because of the unlimited download zone. Even with the 600,000 subscribers I still push consistent speeds of 12Mbps during the download zone. I buy some digital TV series on Amazon each month using the download zone. I'm surprised HughesNet doesn't have an unlimited download zone. Exede wins hands down. Or at least cap it high to something like 50-150GB.

Assistant Professor

I'm getting 20Mbps consistently on Hughes. Do wish the the Bonus (Download) zone was unlimited.