Will not go to Yahoo.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mueller
Freshman

Will not go to Yahoo.

Will not open any Yahoo site: Disabled Accelarator, complete reboot, cleared all temp files and cookies. This happened a few months ago and a supervisor replaced the modem and then it worked fine. Now it's doing the same. It will just time out while trying to load.

15 REPLIES 15
mueller
Freshman

I have no response from anyone? Much like when we are told your support people will call back? This is an ongoing problem that you folks have responded to with no results. Can't get into Yahoo for anything. Had this problem about two months ago and a supervisor sent a new modem and then Yahoo was easily accessed. Now it's doing the same again and no one wants to respond??????????????

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mueller

There's no need to start a second thread about the same issue.   

I see your initial post shows 6 hours ago, which would have been around 3 PM eastern time.   Moderators are only here til around 5 PM eastern.   So being posted so late in the day they were probably dealing with other things and didn't get to your post yet...  like @C0RR0SIVE said it could be up to 48 hours for them to respond. 

@mueller wrote:

again and no one wants to respond??????????????

I'm not a moderator and I'll respond. Have you tried doing a traceroute to see if maybe it's not HughesNet causing the problem?

Nine times out of ten when you have a problem going to a specific domain it's a busted routing table. Sometimes this is from going to sketchy web sites. Sometimes it's from HughesNet's provider, one hop away from the gateway.

A traceroute would let you know if it's local or not.

If it is local, simply rebooting your modem, computer, and associated routers would solve the problem.
Why all three? They all cache the routing tables.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Rebooting of all has been done with no improvement. Thanks for your help

Hi 

I've made a change in your modem - can you see if you can get to Yahoo now? Are you accessing it through a bookmark or typing it into your address bar? 

I will discuss with William what we can do about getting you that evening call. 

Thank you

Amanda

Amanda, Thanks for trying, it went into Yahoo once, then not again. I type in the address and I also use a bookmark. I tried both ways...

Been calling case manager since 1:00 central time, left messages, no response????

mueller,

I understand that you have already spoke with William in our corporate office and have decided to cancel your service. I believe that he has asked you for your preferred date to cancel services. Our recommendation is to continue your communications with your case representative, William, so that everything stays on track. 

Thank you,

Amanda

I have never been able to connect to yahoo.com with Hughesnet either; not from the very start.  I have my Email account at Yahoo.

I just assumed that I screwed up by going to a slow satelite system verses MediaCom's TV cable because it always claims that it timed out.  I think that your tech team should look into the problem and get a solution. 

My intent is to cancel Hughesnet and go back to MediaCom when half of my contract is up and to **bleep** about this problem if they want eary cancellation fees.  I think Hughtesnet is in breach of contract that I cannot access my Email account and it looks as if I am not the only one that has this problem.

Also, I was really pissed that the hughesnet installer cut the connectors off every 75 ohm cable that he found; including my TV service cable that was disconnected due to my cancellation of MediaCom..  However, the DirecTV installer put a new end on the cable behind the TV so that we could use it for the new DirecTV service.

Randy, 

If you have a specific concern you would like addressed please create a new thread for yourself in the appropriate category.

Thank you,

Amanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mueller

I don't know for sure that this will help, but you could try changing your adapter's DNS server settings from Hughesnet's to Google's.  It couldn't hurt to try.    

Google's IPv4 server settings:

Google's IPv6 server settings:

2001:4860:4860::8888

2001:4860:4860::8844

Amanda

Hi mueller,

Sorry about the delay! I see that you've already gotten in contact with the corporate representative, William, regarding this issue and a callback was scheduled for yesterday after 5PM. Did this call occur? 

~Amanda

Amanda,  Yes Amanda the call was made, but the problem is I'm at work and can't be in front of my computer. I don't get home until after 5:00. Apparently I'm suppose take time off work? Is there any supervisors that work after 5:00? William, the supervisor I worked with in the past really tries hard to get things working right. The last time this happened he sent a new modem and everything worked just fine until now.  My lap top will go into Yahoo sites via other internet carriers such as my school, local library, and neighbor's internet which happens to be Hughes.