Will someone please help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msulieman
Freshman

Will someone please help

I am currently in a differect post where I thought I was being 'helped'.....but sadly there was one reply and then the hughs net representatives that were 'helping' went MIA. So I thought since the hughs net phone numbers that were left on my voice message don't work, and the other post doesn't seem interesting to them, maybe I can receive help by posting a new post ....so would some one PLEASE help
24 REPLIES 24
gokartergo24
Tutor

Might help if you tell us what you want help with?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

msulieman,

I am sorry to hear and see that you felt you needed to create a new topic to get assistance.  Looking at your post history, it seems that you have issues with data allowance and speed.  Please perform the following steps in the info graphic to help determine if it's the Hughesnet equipment or your equipment causing excessive data use.

There isn't anything that Hughesnet can do if you wish to use the service for only Netflix viewing, satellite internet is not a replacement for television viewing. 

During the time of sales you are usually asked questions in regards to usage, such as gaming, streaming and so on, and the proper disclaimers for those activities are given.  As well as giving that, if you provide an email address during sign-up, then all legal information is emailed to you, as are the service plan details.

As for the speed issues, you will receive throttled speeds once you have used your data for the month, and possibly reduced speeds during peak service hours.

Thanks,
C0RR.

Hi, thank you for finally responding
I would check the usage but at the moment I don't have Internet availability to do so, so I am using my phone service
As a customer seeking the expertise of someone who is selling satellite internet, I expect that when I tell the hughs net representatives that I purely want Internet for Netflix watching, that the representative would be professional enough or perhaps honest enough to tell me which package would be the best option.
And I expect the hughs net reps to tell me honestly and clearly about the Internet allowance ..... I was seeking professional help about internet.. I am in no way an expert on Internet which is why I was straight to the point with the hughs net rep about my intentions.
Which is why I requested an Internet package that would allow me to watch Netflix anytime ... at this rate, I can watch 1 and a half movie a month.....

Hi, thank you for finally responding
I would check the usage but at the moment I don't have Internet availability to do so, so I am using my phone service
As a customer seeking the expertise of someone who is selling satellite internet, I expect that when I tell the hughs net representatives that I purely want Internet for Netflix watching, that the representative would be professional enough or perhaps honest enough to tell me which package would be the best option.
And I expect the hughs net reps to tell me honestly and clearly about the Internet allowance ..... I was seeking professional help about internet.. I am in no way an expert on Internet which is why I was straight to the point with the hughs net rep about my intentions.
Which is why I requested an Internet package that would allow me to watch Netflix anytime ... at this rate, I can watch 1 and a half movie a month

Also I did not accept the solution, I was trying to post my reply and my phone chose the wrong button

Also I did not accept the solution, I was trying to post my reply and chose the wrong button on my phone

Why is it so difficult to recieve help? Is there an email that I can get help immediately or a phone number I can call?

Why is it so difficult to recieve help? Is there an email or phone number that I can use to actually talk to a person?

Hi;

Saw your post – and thought this might help.

My wife and I are retired and do a lot of streaming – we are both movie freaks and stream from Netflix, Amazon, Fandango, Vudu, etc.  Our normal daily usage is normal surfing (email, etc.) until 4 in the afternoon when we settle down and start watching (streaming) movies until bedtime.  We find we only use 1 to 2 gigabytes per average day. Lately I have been having speed problems – and having to record some movies during the Bonus Time.  I very seldom have any data problems.

How we do it;

1     Go online (on your computer) and set Netflix to the lowest setting.

2.     When we go to Amazon, Fandango, Vudu, Hulu, Sling, etc. we reset them to the               lowest (usually SD - sometimes lower) setting.  Most of them (I know Vudu does)               display a HD for High Definition – If you click on the HD you can reset it.  There is             some difference in the quality – but    not that much.  We do not see any difference           in Netflix.

3     Most important – if you are using Roku – reset it from Automatic to 1.2 speed.  This          slows everything down – but gives enough speed for streaming.  If you don’t know            how to do this – let me know.

1. Make a list of the movies (or Netflix) you want to see and get up a little early and record them during the “Bonus” time. This is usually between 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.  Lots can be recorded between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

We still have enough data (normally) to do all the surfing we want, to play a few games, and my grandkids to use their tablets.

Just a few hints that might help (I hope).

Lots of luck,

Bkeeper

Thank you for taking the time to share
I will try this out.

msulieman,

Please check your PMs.

Amanda

Hi Amanda
I have been trying to email you through this email community and through private messages so I can reply but I don't know if you are receiving any of the messages .... in one of the messages I sent my Gmail information
Please let me know if you are receiving any of it

Please don't disappeare again.... I am so tired of trying to find help

Hi msulieman,

I'm going to resend Amanda's last private message to you, please look out for it in your PMs by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner of the community. I was looking for a possible reply to Amanda's questions in our regular e-mail inbox, but I don't see anything from you, which is why I'm resending Amanda's original message.

Please PM me back with how you would like to proceed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz
I just replied to your message (twice, I replied and the created a message to you to be on the safe side), and I had replied to Amanda's messages as well but I am honestly not sure why it hasn't sent. But I will be checking this post. Please let me know if you do not recieve any replies/messages from me

I have responded to your messages and Liz's messages as well... have you received any

Liz and Amanda are not available on weekends.  They only work Mon-Fri.  So they should see your messages tomorrow morning some time. 

Good morning msulieman,

Thanks for getting back to me, I did get your PM. Please check your PMs as I've replied to you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hello .....
I'm just waiting for a response....

I love using the limited Internet that I have waiting for a response from hughsnet.
Im sending this on the communiry because apparently my PM "don't get recieved" even though they are clearly in my sent folder

Hi,

Please check your PMs as I have addressed your concerns there.