cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will someone please help

msulieman
Freshman

Re: Will someone please help

Why is it so difficult to recieve help? Is there an email or phone number that I can use to actually talk to a person?
bkeeper1
Junior

Hi;

Saw your post – and thought this might help.

My wife and I are retired and do a lot of streaming – we are both movie freaks and stream from Netflix, Amazon, Fandango, Vudu, etc.  Our normal daily usage is normal surfing (email, etc.) until 4 in the afternoon when we settle down and start watching (streaming) movies until bedtime.  We find we only use 1 to 2 gigabytes per average day. Lately I have been having speed problems – and having to record some movies during the Bonus Time.  I very seldom have any data problems.

How we do it;

1     Go online (on your computer) and set Netflix to the lowest setting.

2.     When we go to Amazon, Fandango, Vudu, Hulu, Sling, etc. we reset them to the               lowest (usually SD - sometimes lower) setting.  Most of them (I know Vudu does)               display a HD for High Definition – If you click on the HD you can reset it.  There is             some difference in the quality – but    not that much.  We do not see any difference           in Netflix.

3     Most important – if you are using Roku – reset it from Automatic to 1.2 speed.  This          slows everything down – but gives enough speed for streaming.  If you don’t know            how to do this – let me know.

1. Make a list of the movies (or Netflix) you want to see and get up a little early and record them during the “Bonus” time. This is usually between 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.  Lots can be recorded between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

We still have enough data (normally) to do all the surfing we want, to play a few games, and my grandkids to use their tablets.

Just a few hints that might help (I hope).

Lots of luck,

Bkeeper

msulieman
Freshman

Thank you for taking the time to share
I will try this out.
SS

lack of support

Try this number 1-866-347-3292. However, I called on 4 separate occasions, was told I would get a call back twice...never received any. I was also told there were no supervisors available to talk to me (when the support person couldn't do anything).

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Re: lack of support

@msulieman

It does seem that the ball may have been dropped in dealing with your issue.

One reply by @Amanda in your previous topic stated:

Amanda, Official Rep

Good morning msulieman,

Sorry about this - looking at your original post I believe I may have interpreted it incorrectly. I can check and see if your sales call is available, however since you ordered over 5 months ago it may be too far out. I'll check and see with the sales group. Please note since we are moving to the new community tomorrow I will be proving the updates there, so be sure to check this link and your e-mail for a response.

Thank you
Amanda

There never was any follow up posted other than perhaps a failed attempt to reach you by phone.

Your continued issues seem to cover a number of areas:
> Your statement that the service was not properly explained to you<
This one needs to be picked up by the Hughes Reps to see if your sales call can be found and reviewed. That may prove difficult due to the fact that you have had service for 5 months before reporting the issue.
All Hughes plan offerings have data caps and plan prices are based on the plan size selected.
The data caps mean that you have limited "fuel" to spend and streaming video is a very data intensive activity. While it (streaming) can be done, it must be done sparingly and with an eye on the usage meter.
The amount of data used during streaming can be reduced by lowering the resolution as others have stated. That wll help but it is not a cure all by any means.
Satellite internet is not for "cord cutters" and for good reason.

> Your other issues seemed to be centered on slow speeds and loss of data<
In many cases slow speeds and missing data are the result of background processes running on one or more devices connected to your network using data and diluting your bandwidth.
Getting control of this unintentended usage will leave more data for those activities you do engage in. While that is not a Hughes related issue it does effect your enjoyment of the service and there are those of us here in the Community that can help you in that regard.
First, lets see if we can get some follow up from Amanda on your sales call and perhaps a remote diagnostic test of your system.

Amanda

msulieman,

Please check your PMs.

Amanda

msulieman
Freshman

Hi Amanda
I have been trying to email you through this email community and through private messages so I can reply but I don't know if you are receiving any of the messages .... in one of the messages I sent my Gmail information
Please let me know if you are receiving any of it
msulieman
Freshman

Please don't disappeare again.... I am so tired of trying to find help
Liz

Hi msulieman,

I'm going to resend Amanda's last private message to you, please look out for it in your PMs by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner of the community. I was looking for a possible reply to Amanda's questions in our regular e-mail inbox, but I don't see anything from you, which is why I'm resending Amanda's original message.

Please PM me back with how you would like to proceed.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

msulieman
Freshman

Hi Liz
I just replied to your message (twice, I replied and the created a message to you to be on the safe side), and I had replied to Amanda's messages as well but I am honestly not sure why it hasn't sent. But I will be checking this post. Please let me know if you do not recieve any replies/messages from me