Hughesnet Community

Will you ever have or move over to unlimited data?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmbrjck10

Will you ever have or move over to unlimited data?

Will you ever have or move over to unlimited data? Or at least have your 50 gig data in a normal usage time? Not 2 to 8 am.. You don't even have weekends for your additional data. Very disappointing
12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Most likely only when competition from country wide, high speed wireless internet makes it necessary for them to do so.  Remember, wireless internet is the future.  When people begin to have a choice, their plans will surely change. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

It gets back to capacity regardless the competition. Perhaps when the new satellite goes up there will be larger plans across the board. Unlimited, highly doubtful.
Chris11
Alum

Hi lmbrjck,

This question is asked a lot. We understand. There's a new satellite launching very soon which will allow much more flexibility and should improve the QOL of our customers. Unfortunately satellite internet is a not cheap, expandable, or on the level of cable and other ground based ISP's. There will always be some limitations. Look out for more info coming in the near future. 

Thanks,
Chris
Pam Lowry Benso

Used to be unlimited.... I had it and then they cancelled it
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Daily refill with one day rollover but never unlimited. Was still a daily limit.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Jezra, you sure love sour grapes. Still gets back to individual beam/gateway capacity and how heavily loaded it is. You can call it luck I suppose and you could always move.  🙂
Pam Lowry Benso

Before it became HughesNet.......it was unlimited as Direcway
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Lol Jezra, great, thanks for asking. I knew you'd bite. And now time for some serious reflection if I sound like Bill.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Anyone who goes by Mordacious should never be offended. 😛
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Pam, in researching it seems it may have been unlimited for a short while back then but it was also 500kbps speed and $599 installation cost.

http://www.my-free-satellite-tv.com/fast_satellite_internet_access.html
Pam Lowry Benso

I had to buy my system too....wasn't available for lease or rent either. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That page gives me a laugh, minimum 100 Mb hard drive. Those were the days.