cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 microsoft update was just pushed onto my 3 home computers!

Re: Windows 10 microsoft update was just pushed onto my 3 home computers!

Hey Jezra

Speaking of updates I just updated all three of my PCs to Mint 17.3 took about 450MB to do all three.  The update is well worth it if you know someone running 17.1 or 17.2 tell them upgrade.  My one PC with Nvidia graphics the improvement is day and night far better true 1080p resolution super clean.  Videos running at 360 or 480 are also less blurry and tracers reduced. 
Assistant Professor

Thanks Gary, been debating whether to update my dual-boot, sounds like it is worth doing. 
Alum

Hi Terry,

I think everyone covered this question pretty well :-).

- Chris

I was wondering if Windows 10 or 8 has some type of scheduling like Windows 7 and earlier had.   We could  schedule then but now I am told Windows does not allow that any more.   
Associate Professor

Jezra there are to many differences in hardware and age of machines 2 Intel and one AMD.  I also downloaded the ISO in case I ever want to do a full reinstall for some reason.  Have you heard anything about projected release of Mint 18.  I thought I read something about maybe next spring.
Sophomore

Gary, do you mount a windows share with Mint? My son installed mint but there seems to be a problem with Wine and the Windows programs he needs to run for school. He has to unmount and remount the share using these commands to get it to work:
sudo umount -l /run/user/1000/gvfs
/usr/lib/gvfs/gvfsd-fuse /run/user/1000/gvfs -o big_writes

I'd appreciate any hints or suggestions.

Well from my experience WINE is limited at the least poor at best.  That is one reason I tell folks I install Mint for we need to dual boot.  It is sad but a bunch of software the vast majority and some hardware will only run on Windows.  A lot of them have MAC versions.   Us Linux users are left out in the cold.

Now it looks like all your doing is unmounting GNOME Virtual file system then running it in a different directory.  However I am not who you need to talk to go to http://forums.linuxmint.com/ there is tons of help there.