cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 upgrade what do you think

Tutor

Re: Windows 10 upgrade what do you think

Most crapware can be removed by windows itself. If you want to turn it up a notch, use Revo Uninstaller. If you really want to get sporty, grab your digital scalpel start carving.

Honorary Alumnus

No I haven't read any complaints.

As always ... steer clear of any registry "cleanups". I just don't trust'em.

I make my registry changes manually, very carefully and only after have backed up not only the registry but also a complete system image.

I'm not Gwalk but read carefully what it say experimental  stage and possible harm to your computer right now till final version
Tutor

James, I use Acronis and have used it for many years. Now I'm using Acronis 2015 and have it set to take three different images per day.  All go to different destinations. It's automatic and runs in the background.

Christopher you have lost me. I am only trying to do a system image. I am not changing anything or at least I do not think I am changing anything. 

good to go in that dept, as have full backups every two weeks  but can you stop that program from pulling from your registry, manually !!!

Honorary Alumnus

Example of a windows registry:

that's it !!!  ,  James !!!
Honorary Alumnus

You use the programs "uninstaller" to remove unwanted programs installed by the computer manufacturer.

These programs were installed because they were paid  by program publishers and distributers to do so.

A good uninstaller knows how to properly "remove" no longer needed registry keys.