cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 will be run and supported as a service.

Highlighted

I just found this on the Web....

As usual, Mary Jo Foley just shared some amazing Windows 10 news about exactly how patches and fixes support will work after the Windows 10 launch.

It’s quite a lot to absorb but it’s really important so I thought I would discuss on here.

As we all have heard Ad Nauseam, Windows 10 is being developed, designed and architected as a service. There are several pivotal things to wrap your head around when we consider this transition.

Windows 10 as a service means a fundamental rethinking of the relationship between you and your “copy” of Windows. I use quotes for copy because most people who have good download speeds will probably upgrade via download. That’s a story for another day.

Software as an app versus software as a service
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Junior

Re: Windows 10 will be run and supported as a service.

....and I'm a "nut" because I don't like Windows? LOL
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

To the tune of ........
It's beginning to look a lot like Linux everywhere you go .....
Highlighted
Junior

I see the doctor didn't take out your "funny bone".
Highlighted

My SO works for an undisclosed squad of geeks company and there are so many new policies that M$ has created that force a user upgrading/replacing hardware to re-purchase a newer copy of Windows even if they have a product key for an old version. Stinks!
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Not that this has anything to do with the topic (it is definitely an interesting read), it's important to note that if you read that article without some form of adblock software you are going to get slammed!  37 ads of various types to read one article.  Sheesh! 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

I ran into that some years back when I upgraded a DVD drive and video card at the same time on a desktop with XP.  The original product key would not work, but after talking with them on the phone, they were nice enough to give me a new code to reactivate it, or whatever it was called back then. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Nope, that's still there.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Welcome to today's interwebs
Highlighted

Microsoft has been zapped by OS' like Linux and OSx  so they have developed a way to act open source by flooding adds and upgrades (containing adds) to their users.  I inatalled Windows 10 a few months back just to test it.  After about 4 attempts to check it out I came to the same conclusion that Tommy told his brother Harry Chapin about the first ending of 30,000 pounds of bananas. It goes like this, "Harry It sucks."

For reference you can waist some data cool song here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uz_TQbWubs