cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 doesn't do Microsoft Updates!!

New Poster

Windows 7 doesn't do Microsoft Updates!!

I"m running Gen 4 on clones I've built at different times in my house; stock Windows 7 professional load.  It seems like it's "running" but nothing ever happens.  Not the way the computer is set up - I've built 3 in the past year and none of them will do the updates.  I even tried a different software load (Still Window 7, but from another vendor) and it still does not do the updates.

Without updates, it's not safe to use my computer; so why pay money to Hughesnet every month?  Everything else works fine.

Anybody have a work around for this problem?

Thanks,

Loveoldtrux

• Performance
3 REPLIES
Advanced Tutor

Re: Windows 7 doesn't do Microsoft Updates!!

you may want to repost this under Tech Support. It will have more visibility there.

Teaching Assistant

Agreed that this should be reposted in tech support.

With that said, I used to update my folks' Windows 7 laptop for them as all they had was dialup at the time (they live across the street).  One day it just wouldn't update any more.  I tried, for many hours, over a few days, to get it working.  I never could.  I finally just upgraded it to Windows 8, then 8.1.  I already had a copy of Windows 8 available to use, so it's a bit different situation than yours, but I simply could not get it to update Windows 7 anymore.  This was sometime in late 2015 to early 2016.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Also had it happen to my wife's laptop some time ago. Had to resort to a third party offline updater to get it working again.

Assuming the copies of 7 are legit and from reputable seller as to my knowledge official retail and OEM sale has ended for it.