Hughesnet Community

Windows Live Mail Will No Longer Support Outlook.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mordacious

Windows Live Mail Will No Longer Support Outlook.com

Microsoft is (slowly) rolling out a new Outlook.com infrastructure that is built on top of a foundation based on Office 365. Windows Live Mail doesn’t support the protocols for this new foundation so you’ll no longer be able to send or receive Outlook.com email after your account gets the upgrade.

Read more....

Well we're starting to see what M$ is going to do.
13 REPLIES 13
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

What Windows Live won't do, Thunderbird does with ease.
Mordacious

I've used it in the past and may start using it again. I just like having a window for each email account .
As I remember Thunderbird it worked well. I'll wait and see what happens with this new upgrade. It's been canceled twice now but they say users like me will see it sometime in July.  Don't know how they plan on doing this when the release to those on the special bus haven't received it yet.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I have a mix of 6 email accounts going into TBird, a mix of IMAP and POP3, all with seperate inboxes and subfolders for each account.

My expensive retail copy of Outlook lays unused in the drawer. Just too buggy.
Mordacious

I've become rather disenchanted with Outlook. They made a change and reply/new opens in a new window and that takes forever to do. Really slows me down
Chris11
Alum

They're trying to take over...one of us, one of us, one of us lol.
Knerkin Akin

Must be over a decade ago, I had a requirement to launch a process based upon textual content of incoming e-mail. I discovered TheBat! at that point, got it, and have never looked back. https://www.ritlabs.com/en/
Mordacious

Thanks for the heads-up. Just took a look at this and it seems like a hell of a good program, but what the heck, it's German made, you can only expect the best from the Germans!

30 day trial, $26.95 price tag, it looks like it might be worth a look.
Knerkin Akin

I've been on their beta team for the last 7 years or so. There's no better way to see the innards of a company. These guys are top-notch professionals, have a gold product line, and are totally devoted to their customer base and products. They're in Moldova, once a part of the Soviet Union and now part of God only knows what. If you install the 30-day trial, be prepared to put your head on a little differently. Take a deep breath and get into the underbrush. 
Mordacious

If I do the 30 day trial are you saying that everything isn't on it? If I buy it after the 30 trial do I get everything in an upgrade?

I respect your opinion and if you say that this product is solid and I should just buy it outright I'll take your word for it. The website is very informative and the reviews were stellar. I'll have to see what my finances look like after I pay all the bills.

Frankly, your word carries more weight that any review.
Knerkin Akin

The free-trial version is 100% complete, no hidden anything. Full product, completely. No, no, no...don't buy it outright. Snuggle up with it for a month. You will probably never go back.
Knerkin Akin

PS: My wife just said "I would never use anything else." I have a 94-year-old client in NYC who uses it daily. 
Mordacious

OK I took
If you install the 30-day trial, be prepared to put your head on a little differently. Take a deep breath and get into the underbrush.

the wrong way.

How is the learning curve? I guess if a 94 y/o can use it I should be able to figure it out. (Not meaning to put down a 94 y/o)

I'll DL the trial and let you know what I think.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It's rather pitiful, Live Mail stopped working for me earlier this year, all over some stupid change M$ made, which shouldn't affect ANY mail program what so ever. -.-

I rather miss my Live Mail... 😞