cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows was unable to connect to hug5g877362

bb2
Freshman

Re: Windows was unable to connect to hug5g877362

Am I correct in thinking that two devices connected to the wireless will slow down both connections? My thoughts are that the data transfer is like a bucket brigade. You have 100 people handing down buckets of water to put out a fire. If another fire breaks out, you now have 50 people per fire which will slow down the amount of water on the first fire. Kinda a very simply way of looking at it, but is that correct? I'm thinking so, but with what Corrisive said, I'm questioning that. One last question and should probably be put on Windows forums, but I'm here so I'll ask. Is Windows 7 Home Premium really Windows 8? Kinda confused on this as well. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bb2

Yes.  Two or more devices will share the available bandwidth, with that bandwidth being divided between them, though not necessarily evenly, as it depends on how much bandwidth each is trying to use, as well as a variety of other things.  But, yes, your scenario is basically how it works.  So, if HughesNet is providing 25Mbps at the given time, and you have two devices actively downloading files at their highest possible speed, that 25Mbps will be divided between them.  With all things being equal (which they hardly ever are), each device would be getting 12.5Mbps.  

To see which Windows OS you are currently running, press the Windows key and the R key at the same time, then type winver in the run box and click OK.  You'll be able to see which version of Windows you are running in the resulting popup.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
bb2
Freshman

Thanks for everyones help here!!! 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro