cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonder if this camera will work on Gen4 ?

Assistant Professor

Wonder if this camera will work on Gen4 ?

Get emails from this company and this looks like it could work. Charles McCool what do you think?

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=FI9816PB&utm_campaign=email_flash_ipcam&utm_medium=email&utm_...
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Wonder if this camera will work on Gen4 ?

Hey sgoshe,

Pretty nifty thing there, very similar to the DropCam. It uses cloud and/or local storage but I see that it said this too, which makes me wonder how it is really set up: "The FI9816P combines a high-quality HD digital video camera with a powerful built-in web server to provide live video anywhere"

Maybe there's a downloadable PDF manual out there?

Amanda
Assistant Professor

Hi Amanda, I went to the manufacturers site and they want you to register to get the manual. The main page for the camera does give a bit more information. I seem to remember Charles saying P2P cameras will work.
New Poster

Correct sgoshe, I have 3 DB Power VA033K+ and 1 DB Power HD024P and they are P2P and work great on Gen4 with simple setup and no router setup required, they have Iphone and Android apps for remote access which works great on AT&T 4G, I bought them from Ebay the VA033K+ cost $40 each and the HD024P was $60
New Poster

sgoshe if you changed the brand name on the front to DBPower it would be exactly the same as mine, if you look on ebay there are like 5 different brands all exactly the same look and different pricing, so yes it will work

Cool - would it not be neat if the NOC had one where you could watch the engineers work like those live nature cams? Smiley Very Happy

Amanda
New Poster

That would be sweet, put in a request and see what they say Smiley Wink
Assistant Professor

Amanda, you should get an award for that suggestion!  Smiley Happy

Charles, I suspected they are all re-branded cameras with the same innards. They also do look exactly alike with different names. At least we have a bigger list of cameras that will work.
New Poster

I know a lot of people shy away from ebay and cheap priced cameras but in my case the price is the reason I selected them and just got lucky that it was that easy to install, lol