Work Phone connected with ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amanda319
New Poster

Work Phone connected with ethernet

My work phone is plugged into my modem via ethernet cable.  There is a bit of a lag when dialing out on the phone.  My concern is that the person on the other end of the line cannot hear me.  I am able to hear them clearly.  Is there a solution?  Tech support has not been very helpful at all. I am confused because I am able to hear the person speaking but they are not able to hear me, I would have thought that if the phone wasn't going to work that I wouldn't be able to hear them or them hear me.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi Amanda,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Unless you're using a phone with the HughesNet Voice Service, we can't guarantee that any other VOIP service will work optimally due to the latency inherent in satellite internet. So using Ooma, MagicJack, or wifi calling may not work as well over satellite internet. I hope that clears things up.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!